Depressing- went out for breakfast

Options
healthypelican
healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
edited March 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Now I have gone over my calories :-( need to go for a long walk, and maybe switch to maintenance calories for the day!

vr2u2c9be0te.jpeg

evowojjsvmha.jpg

Didn't know how many curly fries there were, but they didn't look deep fried to me! Didn't count sesame seeds on bagel, didn't know what oil was used for the bacon and I stole a few marsh mellows off my nieces fluffy. I had breakfast with a cup of tea and skim milk. I also dipped things into the ketchup so I have no idea how much to use.

I covered the rest of the bagel with sauce so I wouldn't eat it. Was still tempted though.

Not sure if it was worth it.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    It happens. Those are all estimate entries so you may be over or under. It's one meal.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. Do a little exercise if you're so inclined, or eat at maintenance for the day. It's just small in the grand scheme of things.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Well, that wouldn't be my breakfast of choice, but I have done similar with waffles or French toast, butter, cream, maple syrup, and fruit.
    Enjoyed every mouthful, logged it then moved on. If I was losing ( I'm maintaining) it wouldn't even set me back .25 lbs.for the week so no need to worry.

Sorry you are not sure it was worth it. That is the only down side.

Cheers, h.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    If it helps, I think you've wildly over estimated the oil. 2 tablespoons would be swimming all over the plate, a little bit goes a long way.

And although it's hard to see exactly how much avocado is under the pile of bacon, I've never seen a restaurant put an entire avocado on one sandwich.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I can relate. My breakfast last Sunday was 1295 calories. That's what comes of going out to friends or family houses.

Hasn't resulted in weight gain. My other days during the week reverted to a range of 362 to 618 calorie breakfasts.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Who cooks bacon in oil? It generates its own grease.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This is the reason I hardly ever eat out. Never in the US. I ate lunch at a National Trust cafe this past week and had winter vegetable stew served over a bit of mash and topped with steamed Savoy cabbage. Stew is served as one ladle full over a scoop of mash on a plate instead of in a great big bowl with a side of a mini loaf of bread think Pandora in US where they market their meals as healthy but they can still pack a high calorie and fat count. My National Trust meal was under 400cals as it was all veg with only a little fat in the mash. Love the UK where we have healthy food choices more often.
  • healthypelican
    Options
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    This is the reason I hardly ever eat out. Never in the US. I ate lunch at a National Trust cafe this past week and had winter vegetable stew served over a bit of mash and topped with steamed Savoy cabbage. Stew is served as one ladle full over a scoop of mash on a plate instead of in a great big bowl with a side of a mini loaf of bread think Pandora in US where they market their meals as healthy but they can still pack a high calorie and fat count. My National Trust meal was under 400cals as it was all veg with only a little fat in the mash. Love the UK where we have healthy food choices more often.

This was actually in New Zealand. Love the food in the UK though. Ate lots of pub meals and prawn cocktail sandwiches from Greggs!
  • stephannie6699
    stephannie6699 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    looks yummy though :)
  • healthypelican
    Options
    I'm sad, my daily calories are so high now! am actually going to McDonalds tomorrow, so I looked through their menu in advance. Looks like the cheese burgers/hamburgers are alright.
  • stephannie6699
    stephannie6699 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm sad, my daily calories are so high now! am actually going to McDonalds tomorrow, so I looked through their menu in advance. Looks like the cheese burgers/hamburgers are alright.

I like the chicken wraps from McDonalds too
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    McDonalds is actually pretty easy to fit in. I think unless I'm doing eggs benedict or waffles or something like that breakfast out isn't worth it. I make a much better cooked breakfast at home and know the counts!
  • TonyB0588
    Options

I think this is actually part of the problem of the modern era. Since I've been on here it amazes me to see that everyone eats breakfast at McDonalds, lunch at another place, dinner somewhere else. About 95% of my meals are at home. Perhaps I'm just old or old fashioned.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    The thing about restaurant food is you never know what you're truly getting calorie-wise so you have to guess. Just chart it and move forward to the next meal. :)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

I think this is actually part of the problem of the modern era. Since I've been on here it amazes me to see that everyone eats breakfast at McDonalds, lunch at another place, dinner somewhere else. About 95% of my meals are at home. Perhaps I'm just old or old fashioned.

I know of a few people who eat out a lot. Most older people I know eat out at least one main meal per day because they don't like cooking for one or two people. My brother has always been the type to eat out as well. His kids are 5 and 12 and been raised on fast foods. They eat all 3 meals out each day with the exception of school days when they eat lunch at school. :-/ True story. He's done it since they were born.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I think you've overestimated by about 400 calories.
  • TonyB0588
    edited March 2017
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Everyone?

I highly doubt that eating out for every meal is the norm.

Maybe not "everyone", but a rapidly increasing number of persons, both on here as well as in my daily reality among persons I interact with.

I know a guy whose business was kitchen installation, and he said some of his clients confessed that they were simply showpieces, and not likely to be cooked in at all.