Home Exercise

Options
I'm looking for the best way to do home workouts with significant variation - so I'd like the flexibility to choose different kinds of workouts but I want them on my tv not my tablet. What's the best way to get variation through your TV?

Replies

• kellyshell215
    kellyshell215 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Idk, but you can search for Youtube Videos, there are tons of workouts. I'm a home exerciser too, I do Fitnessblender workouts, they have more than 400 videos, you can search them on website and choose what you want to work (upper body core, lower body, cardio, HIIT, stretch, pilates, etc)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    HDMI cable from tablet; HDMI/VGA/DVI/.. cable from computer.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options

I'm assuming the reason you don't want to use the tablet is that it's too small to watch and really enjoy for videos.

A few options, if your TV gets internet you can simply search YouTube for videos to work out with ..there are hundreds.
    If your TV doesn't get internet you can a Comcast or Roku type streaming devise that attaches to your tv and you can stream from your
    tablet to the tv and watch anything from your tablet on the TV.
    Take pictures of the back of the TV where the antenna and other inputs are and take that to a Best Buy or that type store
    so they can hook you up with the right cables. Your TV has to have the proper inputs or this won't work.
    I have it on a few TVs and it works great for me.
  • calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    YouTube videos are great, lots of variety to keep it interesting.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    HDMI cable from tablet; HDMI/VGA/DVI/.. cable from computer.

This, hook your laptop up to your TV. Then play youtube/whatever you want on it.
  • Iwanttolosemymummytummy
    Iwanttolosemymummytummy Posts: 82 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I hook up my laptop to the tv,simply for getting a bigger screen to view. I use you tube for exercise videos. I find Joe Wicks the body coach has great options. Body fit by Amy is another favourite of mine.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I borrow a lot of DVDs from the library. I can request an inter library loan for some mine doesn't carry.
  • Doctorsookiestrikesback
    Options
    Get a Smart TV. I got one for the basement and I can watch Youtube, Netflix for when I do my cardio, and lots of other Hubs. Good luck!
  • martie1123
    martie1123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As mentioned earlier, YouTube on phone Chromecast to TV (we not really a TV family -no smart TV,no Netflix, not even cable) and it is easy