Zone diet . Thoughts?

Options
beth4100
beth4100 Posts: 14 Member
I've recently started this diet and I'm still adjusting. My crossfit coach said this is the best way to get to my weight goal while eating the right foods.
What are your thought on it if have tried it? Is it worth it or should I just stick to regular dieting?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I'd say, get a; different coach! All you need's a calorie deficit, while consuming mostly; nutritionally dense foods!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,123 Member
    Options
    If the zone diet helps you stick to your calorie goal, stick with it. Basically it is a 40-30-30 C-P-F breakdown, but without maintaining a calorie deficit, it won't in and of itself bring weigh loss. I did the zone in my past. Overall I enjoyed it, but became too focused on making sure everything was 40-30-30 which made me miserable, and drove those around me crazy.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If the zone diet helps you stick to your calorie goal, stick with it. Basically it is a 40-30-30 C-P-F breakdown, but without maintaining a calorie deficit, it won't in and of itself bring weigh loss. I did the zone in my past. Overall I enjoyed it, but became too focused on making sure everything was 40-30-30 which made me miserable, and drove those around me crazy.
    Same!! I do strive for 40,30,30 average on weekly basis but on the zone they want every meal AND and snack to be perfectly balanced. It's alot of work for no good reason. I do try to have a balance at meals of complex carbs,protein and a little fat which helps with satiety but calories are king for weight loss.
    It's an overall healthy way of eating but it's OK to loosen the rules and make it work for you (whike counting cals for weight loss).