Chinese Food: a gift from the gods

Options
I love this app. I love the MFP community. I've only been here 2 weeks, but I've learned so much. I wish I'd had this resource years ago when I first lost weight (because I put it back on...)

I can eat whatever I want and no guilt this time! I'm still losing 1.5-2lbs a week. So thanks guys! Best part, is the changes I've learned and implemented are sustainable.

*ahem* Anyway! I've had Chinese food (my absolute favorite food) twice in 3 weeks and it hasn't impacted my progress... I'm surprised, elated, and wondering if anyone else here loves Chinese food as much as me?? :D

Replies

• rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Love it, but I'm scared to death of the calories and salt.
    Rice, noodles, wontons, all super high in cals and carbs.
    I could eat it every week

• Erswim10
    Erswim10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese food as well! I stick to not eating the rice if I get it though, wontons are my favorite, ugh! All in moderation.
  • Demenseotf
    Demenseotf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Homemade can be pretty good to. I made up a large amount of stir fry last night where 500g was 420 kcal minus rice.

I'd like to get Chinese takeaway more but I don't like eating without nutritional information.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,865 Member
    Options
    I live 15 miles from the town where I grew up - it has a huge Chinese population. I can get the good stuff whenever I go over to visit my mom, aunts and uncle.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    gf and I get Chinese takeout once a week or so and watch a show. It's fantastic, some of my favorite stuff once you find a good place. Pork-fried rice and some kind of meat and broccoli. I lucked out, in that the best place in the area is directly around the corner from my first apartment here in the city, so I stumbled into greatness.
  • healthypelican
    healthypelican Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I love chinese, but when I go, I feel like the containers are too small. I could probably eat a whole bucket and still want more (oh dear). There's no pleasing some people...
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Chinese food is heavenly, agreed!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I love Chinese food, my blood pressure and body do not. Stupid sodium.
  • jmormur
    jmormur Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I could eat it every single day.