Water/Hungry/BEDTIME

Options
Ahhhh! This happens every night! I try my very, very, very best to drink the minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. It usually works out pretty good, since water is my favorite thing to drink anyway. About an hour or two before bed every night I get hungry...or at least I think I'm hungry. My tummy growls and everything. I'm trying to avoid eating because it's SO late and I know I won't exercise anymore this close to bed...but just drinking more water makes me feel kind of sick. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue, and if so, what do you do? Also, what do you think about those little flavor pouches for water and/or flavored water in general. I think it's the taste of my tap water that's maybe becoming too much for me. The amount of water I drink far surpasses the size of my filtered water pitcher...and on top of that, the water filters you buy for the faucet itself, none will fit our faucet (silly apartment complex). AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Maybe I just wanted to whine....

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    There's no reason not to have a small snack in the evening if you're genuinely hungry. There is absolutely no truth the idea that you must stop eating at a certain time in order to lose weight. I had a post-dinner snack every single night for at least the first half of my weight loss and I still do sometimes. Didn't slow me down at all.

I don't have an issue with the drink mixes. If you are sensitive to artificial sweeteners or colors, then you'd need to be careful.

I have the big Brita filter that holds a little over a gallon and it works very well for me: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=brita+ultramax+dispenser&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11096849812188618242&sa=X&ei=hOonTunwHOyu0AGq6bD8Cg&ved=0CFoQ8wIwAQ#

It's really handy if you're going to use drink mixes that make 2 qts at a time. I usually have to refill my Brita once a day. If I had a smaller one, I'd be refilling it a lot more often.
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You might try drinking a little green tea before bed. There is a variety of flavors out there that could satisfy just about anyone (including me lol). I find it curbs my appitite. Or, you could always eat a little salad or fresh veggies. Veggies tend to have complex carbs that are good for you and help raise your metabolism. Good luck! I hope you find something that works! :smile:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    snack on something like celery or carrot sticks and dip them in a low calorie dip or yogurt if you want something more filling. or just have an apple or banana. you should eat when you're genuinely hungry no matter how late it is :)
  • miio19
    miio19 Posts: 6
    Options
    hmm, as suggested green tea, as there are many flavours and some are aromatic. You can try eating vegetables since its low in calories even if you eat a lot. This may sound weird and all but how about ice? When I feel like munching on something late at night I eat some ice. hehe. No calories no matter how much you munch on!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I'm the same...and i log my evening meal quite late so it's usually 10pm before i realise i have a few hundred calories left...i ususually ignore my stomach and go to sleep quick! I can't clean my teeth any sooner than an hour after having food as it makes me gag for some reason.

I don't like raw veg but i may try green tea...
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same thing. I'd drink water to avoid eating so close to bed. And it made my tummy hurt, I'd get really dizzy, and just feel like crap. Have a small snack before bed if you are hungry.