Addicted to losing weight?

Options
I'm 3 lbs past my goal weight, but I want to lose ten more lbs.... I'm 5'10 and weigh 142... I think I'm becoming obsessed but I'm still not happy w my body....

Replies

• Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Why are you not happy with your body?
  • DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look pretty great to me :)
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    That's how I get too... We're the same height btw! My overall goal is to get to 140...I know once i get there i will want to loose more tho... I was 145 once but good lord it was tough! Are you struggling getting your weight down more? Its nice to compare with someone the same height :) Oh and from your pic you look GREAT!
  • xxshewolfxx
    Options
    You need to work out why you want to go further. 142lbs is the ideal weight for someone as tall as you, and there is absolutely no need for you to lose more, so you should try and assess what it is you're not happy with. If you honestly think you're addicted to losing weight, then you should speak to someone who can help you (to stop this before you go too far).
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    i know exactly what you mean , but i think you should take care , good thing that you are noticing that your are becoming obsessed with the issue that it self a healthy sign , you don't want to become extremely thin & i think as long as you are eating healthy & exercising that's ok your body will get to a point where your weight can't get any lower , & please not how other sees you because we some times have a mental photo of our selves totally different than how others sees us .
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I feel that if you are eating your allotted 1200 net calories then your body will eventually get to the point where you don't loose anymore. This may not be true at all and totally crazy, but its how I think.

Just be sure to get your 1200 calories after exercise.

Maybe you can try to build more muscle instead of focusing on losing weight. To do this you can focus on eating at least 30% of your calories from protein and do more strength training than cardio.

I wish you the best, please try to be healthy!

P.S. I can't wait until I look as good as you! I want a beautifully flat stomach like you have.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I was actually wondering this too. I'm no where NEAR my goal weight, but how do you know when to stop? I feel like a lot of people on here say, "I want to lose 5 more from my GW.. maybe just 3 more, okay 5 more..." I always told myself it wasn't as much the number as it was about the way I looked/felt