Trying to build muscle

Options
babyblake11
babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
Im trying to lose body fat and build muscle. But i know im not eating enough calories to do that but i feel so content with my meal plan right now. Im scared that i will keep losing weight.

Replies

• miio19
    miio19 Posts: 6
    Options
    Why don't you try building some muscles first before pursuing fat loss? Besides the more muscle you have the faster u lose fat as your metabolism increase. You can build some muscle by doing some strength exercise. I think if your incapable of doing some strength exercise, your eating too little. also to build those muscle you need protein
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    its almost impossible for a normal average person to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time..impossible..unless you are a newb and already a little overweight.

so..that being said...you need to make up your mind to do one or the other. building muscle requires calorie surplus. it takes a LOT of focused effort to gain muscle. especially women. believe me, i've been on a muscle building journey for about a year now..and i can tell you, it takes a LOT of effort to gain muscle. i may have gained over the past 6 months about 3 lbs of muscle. i've gone through cutting and bulking stages..right now i'm cutting. since its summer. although still my main source of exercise is weights. since i want to minimize any muscle loss.

dont do cardio, lift heavy with medium reps and eat alot to gain muscle.

a great source for info is bodybuilding.com.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    well im already quite thin. so i want to tone now but although im thin i have body fat not enough muscle. i do daily strength exercises but i still think im losing weight
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've just had a quick look at your food diary, and you never get close to your calorie goal, so i dont think you will be able to build extra muscle when you seem to still be eating to lose weight.

Maybe you should look at maintaining for a few weeks, and then decide whether you're prepared for the extra work (and food) to build muscle?
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    As the OP said, you need to eat at a surplus if you want to gain muscle. You sound like you are done losing weight so now comes the fun part! Eat slightly above maintenance to start - start with 150 calories daily - and incorporate a lifting program 3 times a week. If you don't want to do the whole personal trainer thing, pick up the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women", it is a great tool to get you going. Good luck!