Chocolate Milk......Please Please read

Options
ok, so I have been purdy darn good for 10 days now, no sweets outside my "good" stuff, I cannot have CHOCOLATE in my house, although occasionally I like to have it. I have looked up the cals in here for reduced cal chocolate syrup for chocolate milk and I am confindent this will curb that "gotta have it" feeling I am having "at this time of the month"............I just want to know if you all think adding that 50 cals in my milk sounds resonable?

Please please let me know I am dying for chocolate...this is all I can think of to do without going overboard.....

Go Green!

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    ok, so I have been purdy darn good for 10 days now, no sweets outside my "good" stuff, I cannot have CHOCOLATE in my house, although occasionally I like to have it. I have looked up the cals in here for reduced cal chocolate syrup for chocolate milk and I am confindent this will curb that "gotta have it" feeling I am having "at this time of the month"............I just want to know if you all think adding that 50 cals in my milk sounds resonable?

Please please let me know I am dying for chocolate...this is all I can think of to do without going overboard.....

Go Green!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    If it helps, go for it :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. You dont wanna deprive yourself of things you really love. Its all about eating...err drinking it in moderation. I think you could make worst choices than Chocolate milk!

Sugar free HOT chocolate also is a god send. Make it hot and it takes longer to drink it so its a pretty satisfying chocolate fix when you need one and lower in cals when mixed with water instead of milk :)

Good luck! :drinker:
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    as long as it fits into your calories
    but i know for me my rice milk one cup is 140cals
    then adding 50 would be alot for me
    when my mom wants a treat she has umm adkins has peanutbutter cups like reeces and for Two of them they have 160 calories and like no more than 6carbs
    but i go to golden spoon and get frozen chocolate carmel yougart
    taste like ice cream! for 68calories and its a good amount!
    but i have a thing for icecream AND chocolate
    hehehe
  • catalysttc
    catalysttc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    sounds good.

you know what I like to eat is jello sugar-free pudding. 60 cals mmm...mmm.mmmm:love:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Go for it. No joke. 50cals is worth it if you need that little bit of comfort. I get these 6 gram pieces of belgium chocolate and that comes to 37 cals and I am still losing the weight that I need to.

And at that time of the month too... for me it's: Give me my chocolate and no one gets hurt.
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    healthy choice premium fudge bar. 80 calories
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    don't deprive yourself of everything you love or you will never stay with it. It doesn't hurt you to go over 100 calories or so once in a while, it won't undo all your good.

Deprivation leads to contempt of the way you are living, which leads to saying it isn't worth it. Have your chocolate milk and enjoy every last drop, do not feel guilty about it, think instead, hey this is way better than a 400 calories chocolate bar, plus it is good for me :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ask Tamtastic about chocolate milk!:laugh: :laugh:

135 pounds shed from her body and she loves the stuff!!

:flowerforyou:
  • PrettyNpink526
    Options
    You could always get the Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate. One package is only 25 calories (when mixed with water) and it always craves my urge for chocolate milk.

Hope this helps!
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    That shows great control!
    If you give yourself this little treat, your body will thank you, instead of forcing you to do something crazy later on.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ask Tamtastic about chocolate milk!:laugh: :laugh:

135 pounds shed from her body and she loves the stuff!!

:flowerforyou:
    Yes, I do!! :blushing: To me, there are few things better in life than a pb&j with a glass of low-fat chocolate milk. goodsigh.gif

If it's something that you want and are fine using some calories for it, then by all means. Keeping yourself from feeling deprived of the the small things you love will help this journey seem effortless.

Plus, a glass of chocolate milk is a great post-workout snack!
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I do York peppermint patties here. You need it you need it.,
    I use to put choc syrup on a spoon with some Fat Free Cool whip on top of the spoon and eat that..So good :embarassed:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Go for it. I make sure I have the cals for those chocolate cravings and i find chocolate milk or hot chocolate much more satisfying then eating chocolate. I dont know why but it takes away the craving instead of adding to it. I homemake mine with real cocoa, stevia and vanilla
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Good choice girlie! BF likes the chocolate milk, I just use fat free milk for him now.

Go green Team!:bigsmile:
  • timechange
    Options
    chocolate milk

mmmm.....I think chocolate milk will be a great way to satisfy my after-dinner sweets craving! Thanks for the idea!! :bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Fitness experts recommend chocolate milk post work out as it`s source of protein and carb. Enjoy with no guilt!:drinker:
  • prayerfulmom
    Options
    Fitness experts recommend chocolate milk post work out as it`s source of protein and carb. Enjoy with no guilt!:drinker:

Yep, its my favorite post run fuel.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Have any of you seen those Starbucks Tasting Squares? 3 kinds of chocolate, individually wrapped. They are about 25 calories each, with 16 pieces per box. I luff them!

Oh! Another thing I do is get those Dagoba bars and break them along the the little trenches, so I have pre-portioned chocolate ready for when I just want some of the yummy stuff.

And if you like the taste, always do dark chocolate. Not only is it packed with antioxidants and good fats, but it KILLS a chocolate craving because the taste is so much more intense. One time I think I said "screw you, Swiss Miss" and melted a Starbucks tasting square into a small cup of skim milk. DELICIOUS.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    For chocolate, I love the Dove's Dark Chocolate Promises. They are 42 calories each, but they are so rich that one always does the trick for me!