Eggs?

Options
hbunting86
hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
Hi

I read somewhere a while ago that eating too many eggs is bad for you... what do people think/are experiences with this?

I tend to do my workouts in the morning and find that having 2 scrambled eggs mixed with some beans is just the right amount to hit the treadmill on as it's filling but not heavy... although I'm not sure how many eggs you're meant to eat per week. I don't eat red meat, so in the cholesterol sense I suppose that's an advantage, and my diary is split 40/40/20. However I can't cope with just egg whites... I need the yolk!

H :)

Replies

• miio19
    miio19 Posts: 6
    Options
    Well, too much of anything is bad for you..
    Egg are high in cholesterol but good cholesterol..
    I read somewhere the healthy range is 2 eggs per day ;d
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I usually do one whole egg and 2-3 whites so you still get the yolk taste but not too much of the bad stuff.
  • rachel871
    rachel871 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Just found this article...

http://healthyeatingclub.com/info/articles/diets-foods/eggs.htm

But I've also read articles saying around 4-5 a week is recommended.

I guess it depends on the other aspects of your diet - yes they are high in fat, but coupled with fresh fruit, veg, and, as you've said, exercise and no red meat etc, I think it's up to you and your body!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I mix real eggs with egg whites to help with the taste/consistency and also to moderate the fat/cholesterol content.
    I eat 2 eggs and 1/2 cup whites every day.

I think the nutritional values of eggs have been re-evaluated recently, and they aren't as bad for us as we once believed.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Think they've debunked the egg thing as dietary cholesterol is different from blood cholesterol. I have two eggs every morning. Yum.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I recently went to see a nutritional therapist, they advised me that 6-8 eggs per week is perfectly acceptable and not detrimental to health. I generally have about 4 per week but it's nice to know!
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have anywhere from 4-8 a week. It's a perfect non filling after workout food for me.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's good to know because I think they make the perfect breakfast for me - fast, filling but not too heavy an hour pre-gym... :D