What keeps everyone motivated?

Options
I feel like I'm doing a great job staying motivated but I know there will come a day where I will need to find that extra push... What keeps you guys motivated? Any tricks, randomness I should know about?

Replies

• califab45
    califab45 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    SUMMER is right around the corner..lol.
    No honestly I find something in a store that I really want that I can't fit that I think would look good on me and then I worked towards trying to get to that dress or whatever it is. That's mine :)
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Knowing how good it feels to lift a heavier weight and run further and faster than you did before.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Knowing this is a life change to be healthier, so as to not re-gain it back later. This is the new, healthier me.
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've hit that point at the minute. I'm not eating properly, I'm still going to the gym but not nearly enough and finding every excuse.
  • twinkle2356
    twinkle2356 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    looking at recent labs and thinking of my mothers health problems I am heading towards myself.
  • lionessNV
    lionessNV Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I look at this when I need a little push to do my exercises in the afternoon. I'd have it on my phones wallpaper if it'd fit. :D

3rwci3m963lm.jpg
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My motivation is that I don't want to go back where I started from!
    Remember, "you don't have to feel like it, you just have to do it."
  • christys03
    christys03 Posts: 22,785 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated daily by all mfp friends to burn more, and eat clean....I do have some small allowances.....vodka, & chocolate lol.....but knowing my food log is public & I have accountability to ppl here helps tremendously!!!!!
    ........and I don't want to ever be that lump......ever again!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Just knowing how good I look and feel when I'm in shape is motivation enough. Being an example for others (esp my kids) ranks up there too.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Right now it's just the changes I'm seeing in my body.
  • 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Heart Health
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Progress pics! I take them often and line them up with where I started. Seeing the difference is great motivation to keep going!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    It's a priority for me everyday. Even when I go on any vacation, the first thing I think about is how I am going to work out. Will there be a gym? Will I need to bring my own equipment? What times can I work out?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    My progress keeps me motivated.