Half of my body mass to lose 23st (320lbs)

Options
2»

Replies

• Aftronthegreat
    Aftronthegreat Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There is a MFP group: Losing 100+ Pounds Naturally (No Surgery) if you are interested :smile: I have over 1/2 my body weight to lose too (I started at 306lbs and am only a short lil lady). I try to drink lots of water, but I don't deny something if I really really want it- I just try to do moderation. If I denied myself I would crack and end up stuffing my face with chocolate. Also I am trying portion control. Don't feel guilty about eating 'bad' stuff now and then! Best of luck with your loss!!!!
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You could probably eat between 2200 and 3000 and still lose weight. You don't need to cut down so low. Going too low is going to make you feel lousy. If you want to stick with it, you need to find a level that is tolerable but still in a deficit.
  • embeers
    embeers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! First of ALL!! Every day is a NEW DAY for a new decision for a new and better life. I too just started Jan. 11th.
    One foot in front of the other. I do agree with talking to a Dr. I checked with mine and I'm lsoing 3-4 lbs a week. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    donk2901 wrote: »

Thanks for all the advise and help. Problem with calorie counting you feel guilty for eating something not clean.

They you're doing it wrong.

You don't have to eat clean to lose weight, and you certainly shouldn't feel guilty over food - it's just fuel after all.

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    "Do you know if lifting weights puts weight on the scales ? Been doing both but only lyrics lost 2lbs this week" - use "lighter" weights and more reps (10-15 reps per set), which should assist in burning fat, and in building muscle
  • jcampbell8065
    jcampbell8065 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In the middle of January, I met a 200 pound man that last May weighed in at 340 pounds. It can be done. He was passing through the weight loss center set up by my cardiologist.

I started that night on my program. I needed to loose over 60 pounds. I have lost almost 35 of those pounds. It is a diet program that is closely supervised by several cardiologists and your personal physician. I don't want to say much about the diet here since anyone in such a program needs the medical supervision to keep it safe.

I wish you well on your journey.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    If you strengthen big muscles groups, they will more efficiently burn fat. So the scale may slow, but you'll be burning fat way faster and exercising won't feel so difficult (not to mention everything else too).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't have you eating less than 2000 calories (more if you exercise). I'm the same height and 200lbs and eat more than 2000 calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • donk2901
    donk2901 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ye I'm doing about 1700 expertise on top of our 2000 daily . I'm eating beans on toast 1 slice breakfast all u can eat fruit lunch and chicken and veg for tea. I'm. Finding that I need more energy for the expertise but it's going well I've lost 7lb this week I'll report back next week for you
    . Also I'll do some photos cause I'm definitely gonna keep going on try more loss