New to my weight loss journey

Hello all! A week ago my life took a huge turn. After only 3 years of marriage my husband and I separated due to his use of illegal drugs and alcohol abuse. So I moved to my parents house who are both total health nuts and my father is a Boston Marathon runner and my mother is a 5k runner. So with me being the heaviest I have ever weighed in my life I have decided to make a new start for myself.

Replies

• chinaddavis
    chinaddavis Posts: 1 Member
    Welcome! I have had the same experience. My ex and I hadn't been married for even a year when he chose drugs over our daughter and myself. I too moved back home. He was sober but relapsed and didn't want to seek help and after 3 years still hasn't. Its been a long, long, long road to finally have myself on the right track with my health and weight. I'm down 30 pounds since the end of December. Still have a ways to go and lots to learn!
    Be kind to yourself and do what's best for you!
  • katonfire2
    katonfire2 Posts: 6 Member
    My goal is to lose 100 lbs and become healthier for myself to make myself feel better and for health reasons as well. I am 25 and have high blood pressure and on the verge of becoming diabetic.
  • da1roo
    da1roo Posts: 17 Member
    That's unfortunate situation with your husband. But it's good that you were able to pull yourself out of it. You have a great goal and I wish you luck and there's no doubt you will accomplish them. Let me know if I can help you in anyway! Let's kick this weight off together!
  • DanielJosephFit
    DanielJosephFit Posts: 10 Member
    Best of luck. :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Welcome! We are glad you are here!