breakfast ideas!

Options
lucifire
lucifire Posts: 2
Anyone have any good breakfast recipes, I'm sick of eating scrambled egg on toast! x

Replies

• brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    oatmeal....yogurt...whole wheat pancakes...
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Anyone have any good breakfast recipes, I'm sick of eating scrambled egg on toast! x

I have no clue! I eat eggs on toast... I do, however, think that your hair color is AMAZING!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    oatmeal :o) mmmmm
  • amylynn48
    amylynn48 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make a healthy egg mcmuffin. I use fat free sliced ham, fat free cheddar cheese, and a fried egg white on an Orowheat multigrain sandwich thin. Less then 200 calories!
  • mizare
    mizare Posts: 5
    Options
    porridge and fruit!

Though I stick to rice crispies with skimmed milk most days as it's so easy!
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't like breakfast foods, so I generally eat regular foods for breakfast. I usually eat some sort of leftovers. Otherwise it's egg whites, toast, and a piece of fruit.
  • Cazsmalley
    Options
    2 slices of wholewheat toast with low fat spread, a nice scraping of Marmite and then either plain cottage cheese or Philadelphia light on top.

It's one of my favourites, tangy and creamy and healthy.

(Obviously if you hate Marmite, ignore this suggestion!!)
  • mamahix
    mamahix Posts: 14
    Options
    I love an omlet and a pack of instant grits :)
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have porridge with cinnamon, raisins and dried cranberries for breakfast. I also like to have natural yogurt with a sprinkling of canderel (gets rid of the bitterness) with fresh peaches and dried almonds. yumyum
  • paced2day
    paced2day Posts: 55
    Options
    A friend of mine mixes a combination of this up in a jar for quick breakfasts on the go..

Quaker Oats Old Fashioned - Oatmeal 1/3 Cup Dry, 1/4 cup dry 75 0 1 3 0 1
    Yoplait - Light Fat Free - Blueberry, Strawberry or Peach Yogurt, 0.33 container 33 28 0 2 0 5
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 0.33 cup 29 42 0 3 0 0
    Bakers & Chefs - Brown Sugar, 1 tsp (4g) 15 0 0 0 0 4
    Jif - Peanut Butter, 1 Tbsp. (16g) 80 75 8 4 2 2
    Add Ingredient
  • paced2day
    paced2day Posts: 55
    Options
    I love grapefruit and toast; danactive yogurt drinks, bananas, ensure (milkshake kind), french toast... I could go on forever. I never skip breakfast!
  • mevie666
    mevie666 Posts: 7
    Options
    oats with fruits :) it always helps me to not get hungry till noon, or else you can try have 2 ryvita crackers with either turkey ham or vegeterian/ low fat cheese, or cottage cheese, you can add some green peppers and tomatoes to add up and still keep it low.. remember it's best that when you cook egg to remove the yolk, as it's always better to have only the whites :)
  • mevie666
    mevie666 Posts: 7
    Options
    oh jeez how do you like grapefruits..I just can't can't eat it >___<
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    i love yogurt with some fresh fruits and raisins mixxed through it, i usually sweet it up a bit with some honey :O omnomnom
  • lucifire
    lucifire Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanx for all your ideas, I will try them out over the next week x
  • kellystjohn88
    kellystjohn88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is my healthy version of a parfait! \

4 oz. Chobani yogurt Vanilla
    1/2 Peach cut up
    1/4 cup Strawberries cut up

mix all the above together

Than take 1/4 cup of Fiber one Carmel Delight Cereal or what every cereal you like to add a little crunch
    and smash it up in a bag and place on top of the yogurt for a crunchy topping!

Its super yummy plus its only 165 calories!
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    I pop wheat,blueberry wafel(frozen)in a toaster when in a hurry Add hard boiled egg to it and you have lo cal and healthy fast.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    this morning I had a chilli mackerel fillet with some sauteed peppers and mushrooms.

Lush.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm currently being wheat and dairy free (I know, the joy!) so my breakfasts consist of an oat-based cereal, nut milk and a handful of berries. I'm amazed at how much more filling cereal is when there's nut milk involved.

On weekends it's wheat-free pancakes.
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is plain low fat yogurt with fruit (strawberry/blueberry mix is great) with 3 TBS. of granola. I make my own granola. The granola gives it some crunch. If I don't have granola, I use a TBS of blanched almonds. Yum!

Pat