HELP

Options
Right I have been on here now since March and I did have a good period of loss then I went away and put most of it back on now its not coming off, even though I am doing nothing different than I was before. I get 40 mins + of exercise each day as I ride to work and back, do you think I should stop logging this and just keep to the minimum recommended calorie intake?

I am looking at shedding in the region of 14 to 20lb in the next 12 months so any advice would be good as the most I have managed is 11lb's, but most of that was Xmas gain. I no I have bad habits and I need to address them a little, but I am getting to the point where I think this is just not working for me and need to try something different. As I stay with in my recommended daily calories for 90 % of the week and still no movement.

So I ask you for any comments good or bad would be welcome

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It takes time, healthy eating, portion control and will power. Good luck on your journey.
  • blueliss26
    blueliss26 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    try eating back only half your exercise calories... if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. but it can't really hurt to try it. good luck!
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I would say that your body is used to a certain routine. I would try adding different regimes to your workout. Weightlifting, and higher intensity aerobic workouts, may just break the logjam. You need to find what works for you. My doctor asked me months ago what I do for exercise, and I told him that I walk a lot (5 mile a day). His reply was "it's obviously not working". He suggested to try running, and higher intensity aerobics, and it worked. Good luck in finding the routine that will work for you.
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Remember to watch more than just your calories. Try and make sure your macros are where they need to be. If it still doesn't work check and make sure that you haven't miscalculated something and if need be adjust your goals. Good luck.