Any One tried Zumba classes?

Options
jale05
jale05 Posts: 16 Member
Im thinking to start Zumba classes tonight and wondered if anyone else has tried this???

Replies

• smilie27
    smilie27 Posts: 12
    Options
    I go every Wednesday and i love them!!! Im going to get it for the wii too!!

Give it a go!!
    x
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It is lots of fun and definitely a good workout. I have ZERO dance skills and I manage to follow most of it. Some instructors are better than others or I should say a better fit for me.
  • ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    yes!!! I LOVE zumba! I don't think I have ever heard of anyone who has tried it an not liked it! I get the best calorie burn in one hour of zumba compared to one hour of anything else!! Have fun :)
  • jale05
    Options
    whats it like?
  • jale05
    Options
    So its safe to say its a good choic :) does many Guys do it as my hubby will prob want to come too lol
  • pamela94
    pamela94 Posts: 2
    Options
    LOVE IT !!! GOTTA GIVE IT A TRY !! GET READY TO SWEAT..... I STARTED TAKING IT THREE WEEKS AGO AND I HAVE REALY ENJOYED IT, IT IS A GOOD WORK OUT.
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    my mother in law has been doing it for two or three months and she has lost 38 pounds!
  • lesakay69
    lesakay69 Posts: 1
    Options
    I absolutely love them!! Talk about a great way to work out, burn calories and have tons of fun!! I go twice a week and also have the Wii Zumba at home. You forget that your exercising.
  • ngilliam1
    ngilliam1 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have done Zumba quite a few times. It is so much fun! You should totally give it a try!!:happy:
  • bethy0316
    bethy0316 Posts: 75
    Options
    Best Exercise ever invented. It's so much fun ... I am going to a class myself tonight. It's a great calorie burn too!! :tongue:
  • twiniemily
    twiniemily Posts: 24
    Options
    I used to dance when I was younger so thought Zumba would be right up my street. It kinda was although I did feel a bit of a tit shaking my *kitten* and boobs so much! Its basically simple dance routines to holiday type salsa music. Good to get the heart rate going!

I have to admit the only thing that would make me go again is the view if the spinning instructor through the studio window!
  • jale05
    Options
    wow chelbel89 thats amazing 38 pounds in a few months!!! well done to your mother in law.

Lesakay69 - Im scared im going to look like the new silly beginner who cant keep up :(
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    So its safe to say its a good choic :) does many Guys do it as my hubby will prob want to come too lol

Thats something I'd like to know too. I've heard lots of good things about zumba. although I think I'll get it for the Wii system. less chance of me making a fool of myself in public.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Yes it's so much fun and addicting especially if you love to dance and you get a great instructor. The Wii game is fun too. Check out youtube zumba class videos and give it a try.
  • twiniemily
    twiniemily Posts: 24
    Options
    Lesakay69 - Im scared im going to look like the new silly beginner who cant keep up :(

Stand at the back till you pick up the routines and remember there will always be someone there worse than you!
  • jale05
    Options
    lol twinielilly... if only i didnt have my hubby wanting to join me i would ask what classes you go to lol.
    Is it male friendly, from what im gathering from the responses shaking his bottom is not exactly something i can see him doing lol
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Im thinking to start Zumba classes tonight and wondered if anyone else has tried this???

Yes but you have to have a great instructor and good music. They have to know what they are doing. I have seen good classes and bad ones
  • smilie27
    smilie27 Posts: 12
    Options

Stand at the back till you pick up the routines and remember there will always be someone there worse than you!

Agree with you!! Stand at the back and then once you get a bit more confidence you'll be right at the front!! xx:smile:
  • jale05
    Options

Thats something I'd like to know too. I've heard lots of good things about zumba. although I think I'll get it for the Wii system. less chance of me making a fool of myself in public.

From the responses on here sounds like you have to prepare yourself for shaking your bottom :) Nothing says a guy cant do this, my hubby shakes his bottom better than me the question is would you want to do this in a room ful of others??? But like someone just said theres always going to be someone worse than you so i think if you want to give it a try then go for it !!!!
  • jale05
    Options

Agree with you!! Stand at the back and then once you get a bit more confidence you'll be right at the front!! xx:smile:

I will def take your advice ladies :)