weighed in and I'm so upset

Options
I've been doing mfp for 2 weeks now, measuring EVERYTHING by the gram, and i mean evetythibg!! I went from eating 1800-2000 to 1550 and i lost nothing!!! I don't understand!!! I should have lost some thing from that drop in calories...how am I ever going to get to my goal??? I can't lose 1 pound! I have been in the same place for 10 months..

Replies

• zfitgal
    zfitgal Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    and i can't drop my calories lower for the activity I do :(
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    What is your activity set at? Maybe put it at sedentary?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    lightly active,I am not sedentary by far...i feel like i never sit, only at night after I put my daughter to sleep
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This is actually pretty common in the beginning. Users could better help you if your diary were public. We could see any inconsistencies.

However, you have the weighing of the intake down, but how are you measuring your activity?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Have you made sure all of the entries you use are correct?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    my tdee is 2230, subtract 500 and thats 1730...according to the mathematical equation I should be eating 1730 to lose weight, I went to 1550...i don't trust the activity accuracy...so I give myself 150 calories a day extra for activity. I lift heavy weights r times a week and do cardio 3 times, an hour each session...i feel like a hamster on a weel and part of me wants to give up!
  • zfitgal
    Options
    my diary is open
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Are you weighing all soild foods on a digital food scale ?

Are you measuring all calorie liquids in a measuring jug ?

Are you logging all picked at slipped in mouth items sauces sugar odd bits and pieces ?

How are you getting your exercise calories worked out ?

Are you measuring yourself ?

Are you in medication ?

Opening your diary is a good idea ?

Are you logging absolutely every single thing you eat and drink a squeeze of ketchup a not logged each day adds up sugar is a calorie killer ?

When we've been calorie counting months we eye ball foods so it can be this ?
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I'm at the end of my period, but I used to have some loss with it, even an oz. I use a food scale for everything. I can weigh myself everyday in the am to monitor myself. I never had issue before it's been an annoying weight loss wise. I use some salt in my veggies, I wont anymore...

I measured my thigh with a tape measure, I'm down there, but I want the scale to move
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    New, intense exercise will keep water weight on you for a while. Give it a few more weeks and it will probably start dropping.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    The tape measure is more important Hahn the scale

How are you working your calories out ?

Give us your age weight height and all the activity you do

Normal every day activity you do month in month out may not give you weightloss if your eating more than you should
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I'm 30, I weigh 139.4...i train with heavy weights 4 times a week for an hour and i do cardio 3 times a week for an hour, I have one rest day. And during the day I'm pretty much running around...i barely sit lol
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Relax and give it time. Weight loss is unpredictable because of water weight fluctuation, especially for women. Stick with it and review again in 2 weeks. If it still hasn't moved by then, consider changing something.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Your logging a lot things as tbsp. Weigh them instead.
  • zfitgal
    Options
    I have a decent amount of muscle, I train heavy...but I just want the scale to move down, I have been lifting for years, this year I started lifting heavier and supersetting my sets until burnout...my muscles are definitely bigger...