Q reg meals

Options
sody78
sody78 Posts: 25 Member
Hi
I have dabbled with MFP but not consistently. I find it very easy when it's packaged meals but with homemade meals etc I find it difficult to log as I don't weigh the food. Do I need to invest a scale to make it effective??

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Do you need to? No, unless you find you have trouble losing and need to tighten up your logging.
  • sody78
    sody78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Roosh513
    Roosh513 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When I was getting started, I tracked my food for about 3 weeks. This gave me a pretty good idea where all the unnecessary calories were coming from. After that, I stopped tracking exact calorie counts for awhile. I'm down 50 lb now and am just now getting back into tracking my macros.

I know some can do it, but I didn't want to choke down chicken and rice indefinitely. I use Pintrest to find recipes which contained the ingredients I like, and use MFP's recipe uploader to track portion size. Once you get the recipe attached to your account, it's super easy to track servings. Build a library of favorite recipes that you want to eat, and just rotate through them each month. No need for healthy eating to be boring! :smile:
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I only used a scale for a week before I decided it just wasn't for me. I've reach goal weight once without doing it, and I'm 5 lbs away from reaching it again. I just factor in that I'm off by 200-300 calories and pre-log my daily intake in the morning with that in mind. :)