Hi! Anyone else out there taking or taken Vyvanse?

Options
I just started this medication for binge eating disorder 3 days ago.
Would like to meet some people with some experience on this medication.

Replies

• jhen1980
    jhen1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No I haven't but curious if it works, have you have any side effects as of yet? This is from the USA right
  • rmaloy2794
    rmaloy2794 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My son takes it for his ADHD. He barely eats even with an appetite stimulant, so you are probably going to be just fine at work.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for one month. It feels wonderful to not be thinking about food all the time. What is your dose?
  • teresa0614
    teresa0614 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My son takes Vyvanse for gis ADHD and barely eats. I have considered asking my doctor for a prescription.
  • Awarfield65
    Awarfield65 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have been on Vyvanse for 1 month. 5mg 1 X a day. It has changed my life!! Depression is GONE!! I have so much energy and creativity. Instead of grazing all day and night. I only eat 2 or 3 times a day. I barely get 1000 calories a day. I've lost 8 lbs.
    I'm on disability for chronic pain. So I've gone from rooted in my recliner to making quilts and walking more.
    Best of luck!! So glad I've found some people familiar with this drug!
  • bigpappahemi426
    bigpappahemi426 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking this medication. Has been very helpful for me at first but the effect seems to diminish over time. I started at 646 pounds and I am now down to 389 pounds. This medicine is not a cure all but a tool that has helped me on my way. I still have to put in the work and really watch myself. Good luck with your journey!! You can do this!!
  • sailingheartships
    sailingheartships Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been in vyvanse for adhd. I also have binge eating disorder, never knew they prescribed ADHD medications for that! Kinda neat.