Is this real weight gain?

Options
I put on 700g overnight. I had McDonalds yesterday, but was still under my maintenance calories. Help?

Annoying, because by 10pm I was starving, but I stopped eating because I was already well over my calorie goal (but still under maintenance). I went for a long walk to help it.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's more likely that it's water retention from the sodium.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • Gondowolf
    Gondowolf Posts: 26 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Too much sodium in Mc Donalds even if you calories are good.Water retention isn't affected by how many calories you take in, but the high sodium and many water binding agents in the meat will.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'd put money on it being from the sodium. Those things are packed with salt!
    Doesn't mean they aren't delicious, though :p
  • Lioness_1978
    Lioness_1978 Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    This is why alot of people stay away from the scale. I used to let the scale unnecessarily make me feel things I didn't need to worry about. Our bodies fluctuate a lot. So many factors. I only care about the basics of being healthy, long term. So you showed a gain after eating what you did. It doesn't mean anything long term. Now you feel guilty for eating what you did before. I would not. Loosing weight or maintaining is more a mental battle then anything. I would recommend only weighing once a week or month. Regardless of what you eat. I hope you enjoyed your burger. That's real life right there. Reality is that you will have those things the rest of your life on occasion. But if you feel guilty because of what a scale shows the next day. That will sabotage your efforts in the long run.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    treat the number on the scale like a data point...I weigh myself every day - so it helps me to be more objective with my weight...oh number is up, yup I had more sodium than normal the day before; or not enough water; up 5lbs, TOM may be coming...when you treat it that way it becomes less about OMG I gained weight and more about understanding how your body reacts