Egg Whites

Options
Hi all, I'm using an egg white carton, 200ml. Is this too much?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    There is no correct amount, just a suggested serving size. How much you use of anything depends upon how much you want and how it fits into your nutrition and calorie goals for the day.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    They're a great low calorie way to get your protein in. I make a breakfast of about 150g of egg whites and an egg, add in about 10g of cheese with some seasoning and it's a great way to keep me full on low calories.
  • razzapool
    razzapool Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i used 250 ml today to make a omelette with tuna for lunch it seems fine as long as it fits your macros could eat the whole tub
  • bluerocket7747
    bluerocket7747 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to just pour in the egg white but I didn't lose weight with it that way and
    I could have enjoyed something else like toast probably for less calories. Anyway the point is it's
    easy to think I can have as much as I want, it's just egg whites. I now measure like this, If you take two eggs and separate the whites from the yolks then you have a good idea how much you should eat and not more. Now I have finally started losing weight again. It works for me.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Egg whites don't have that many calories (5g of protein/20cal per lake 38g of liquid)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Without context, no one can possibly offer any useful advice to you.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I eat 3 eggwhites and 1 whole egg every morning. I separate the whites from the eggs and toss the yolk.
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    one large egg white (no yolk) is approximately 1/4 cup. Hope that helps. I eat 3 scrambled egg whites in the mornings. I measured each white for a week. They were all about the same.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I eat upwards of 3 dozen eggs a week. I have excellent health markers.

You're fine.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    A carton of egg whites? You are fine and perhaps better than a scoop full of protein powder!
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat the whole egg?
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'd guess it's the same reason anyone would eat egg whites.. he or she needs the protein but doesn't need the fat to hit macro goals.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options

I'd guess it's the same reason anyone would eat egg whites.. he or she needs the protein but doesn't need the fat to hit macro goals.

Right. If you eat egg whites from a carton, you don't have any "whole egg" to eat. The yolks are separated and used elsewhere.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Too much for what?? Only you can determine that. If you're making a recipe that calls for 30 ml then 200 is too much. If you're just eating breakfast then you need to determine if 200 fits your goals and calories and if it does it is not too much, if it doesn't then you either need to eat less whites or eat less of something else. You should consider your day as a whole rather than each individual food item also.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Probably...or probably not.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    When I make and omelet, I go big or go home. One whole egg plus 300 grams of whites. Plus vegetables.

If someone wants a reason why I'm not eating whole eggs, I need to watch my fat and cholesterol intake for medical reasons. I'm also a volume eater and can get a lot more volume for less calories out of egg whites.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    The carton should tell you somewhere how much of the product equals one egg - on the one that I have, its two tablespoons for the egg equivalence. But of course, you dont tell us how much of the carton you are eating, or if its within your calorie budget, or anything else that would help make the responses more relevant.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    jgbird5202 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm using an egg white carton, 200ml. Is this too much?

Too much what? In what way? Too many calories? Too much protein? How many servings of the carton are you using at once and what is the listed serving size? What are your calorie/protein goals? How do they fit into your overall diet as far as calories/macros?

The question has no context. It's like asking "How long is a piece of string?".
  • OhHeyitsBenji
    OhHeyitsBenji Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    There is no correct amount, just a suggested serving size. How much you use of anything depends upon how much you want and how it fits into your nutrition and calorie goals for the day.

^ This.

Also are you cutting, bulking, leaning out?? If you count macros it will all depend on your totals. I eat 4 servings of egg whites for breakfast and sometimes post workout. I choose egg whites over eggs because I want to save my fats for avocado or almond butter. Plus easy prep with egg whites.