Turkey mince

Options
does anyone here use a lot turkey mince i only recently seen it on a video and it is a great low fat and low cal option to beef mince, now just need some good ideas to do with it

Replies

• razzapool
    razzapool Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    tacos i have tried they were yummy meatloaf sounds intersting
  • lilacfields
    lilacfields Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use it in many of my usual recipes - cottage pie, keema curry, spaghetti bolognese. It's quite a bit lower in fat than beef or lamb mince and really delicious.
  • hazzaram
    hazzaram Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I live on ground chicken and turkey. I make little chicken parm meatloaf muffins in a muffin tin, top with a little bit of sauce and a sprinkle of cheese. Two packs gets me 20 little muffins and they're just delicious.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Cook it gently, it's extremely lean so it's prone to drying out. Meatballs in particular need to be cooked at a gentle simmer and if you brown them, do it only briefly on a fairly low heat.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Use it in recipes where you would use ground beef. You may need to adjust cooking times.
    I have used ground turkey in tacos, chili, meatloaf, meatballs, sloppy joes. If it is mixed with other things the taste isn't very different from beef IMO. My picky eater child eats it okay.
    I have not tried it as a burger.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought anything but ground turkey in years. I prefer the lean taste over anything else. But as others said, it dries out easier if you're not paying attention.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i make a ground turkey/sweet potato hash - sooo yummy
  • GaveYouPower
    GaveYouPower Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's like the holy grail of protein. Taste good and you cab do just about anything with it. Even meatballs.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I use it a lot. Turkey burgers, meatballs, chili, taco meat, bolognese, even just cooked up with veggies in a sort of stir fry it's great.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I use the 99% lean all the time. Use it anything you would use ground beef for. Also, I make buffalo Ranch meatballs with it. Just mix the ground turkey, some bread crumbs, egg whites, Buffalo sauce, dry Ranch, and some low fat shredded cheese.