Replies

• wbane01
    wbane01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whole Grain English Muffin with Almond Butter & Turkey Bacon
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    I alternate between smoothies, whole grain toast with a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite, oatmeal, homemade 90 calorie popsicle (pureed fruit, flax, coconut milk), cereal. Also, you could explore non-traditional breakfast foods like soup, stew, baked sweet potato, etc...
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I make a yogurt bowl with Chobani Greek Yogurt, about 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch, and topped with some sort of fruit. Today it was blueberry yogurt with sliced banana and a handful of blueberries.
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A quick one would be a nice organic waffle (I like vans multigrain with flax) freshly ground almond butter or Peanut butter and Co.'s cinnamon raisin swirl (1-2 tablespoon) and half of banana on top (1/4 C blueberries work really well too, makes it sweet). I usually top it with ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (I live on pumpkin pie spice it is just the perfect combo of ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and I think allspice) and my kids and I live by that when we're running out the door! You could also do the the same with the Ezekiel 4:9 bread.. and I have 1 cup of Almond milk with it.. Otherwise I do old fashion oats (between 1/4 -1/3 cup dry made with water) I add nuts (half a serving of almonds or walnuts) fresh berries (usually 1/2 C), or a half of banana and then I top it with spices. You can also beat an egg and mix it into your oats while they are cooking for added protein- if just using whites you will not taste it at all. If you use the whole egg it will be a little yellow/and creamier. The egg/oatmeal combo keeps me extremely satisfied..

For all the MFP suggesting fat free, low calorie, over processed foods: (and this is coming from the heart of trial and error not a know it all type of attitude) I am not saying I don't indulge in the occasional FF, NSA ice cream cone with my kids or diet coke with a slice of pizza once in awhile but If I were you I would stay away from fake food- forget about fat free it is not real and it is so unhealthy- and so out dated- You need the proper amount of healthy fat, complex carbs, lean protein and whole grains- there is just no way around it.. Eating that crap will only make you crave more of it. You will starve all day and by the end of the night you will have binged out on more crap when you could of just kept yourself satisfied properly all day long.. The only "low fat' I use sometimes is cheese and that is if they only replace the milk content- (I use sargento's usually the 2% low sodium types) and I use fage 0% yogurt although their is really no reason not to use at least the 2%. Try to eat things in their most natural form- ex, if you want something low carb then eat something that is naturally low in carbs! I read that your body has no idea what to do with chemically engineered foods- that is why our bodies do not process them properly and that is why we all struggle with obesity-

Well, this is my 2 cents for the day hope it helps! :)
  • OElleBelleO
    OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit or smoothies! Yum. But I heard from Christopher McDougall's book 'Born to Run' that salad is tasty as well. Never tried it though...
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I get bored with the same thing every day, so I tend to rotate scrambled egg, wholemeal toast with peanut butter or avocado, porridge in the winter, and something yoghurty.

My current favourite is plain soya yoghurt with some walnuts, chopped ginger, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I like instant cheese grits with a tbls. of packaged bacon pieces and a cut up hard boiled or poached egg all mixed together. - 205 calories and sticks to your ribs till lunch time.:bigsmile:
  • mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    I eat scrambled egg whites, cook 2-3 slices of turkey with them and put garlic powder on them. YUMMMMM.
    I eat too much protein.
  • casirdms
    casirdms Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Special K waffles aren't bad. Instead of scrambled eggs your could hard boil them then make an egg salad sandwich on toast. Or try omlettes
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    1) A slice of whole-grain toast with reduced-fat peanut butter and sliced strawberries on top.
    2) A fat-free yogurt with fruit and granola.
    3) Scrambled eggs with cheese, low-fat meat, and vegetables.
    4) A bowl of cereal with a banana sliced on top.
    5) A bagel thin with light cream cheese and strawberry jam on top.
  • mumasauras
    Options
    i had toasted pitta with peanut butter topped with sliced banana this morning it was super tasty and really filling. :)
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Today I made scambled egg whites with homemade salsa!
  • keepkickingbutt
    keepkickingbutt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is my healthy version of a parfait! \

4 oz. Chobani yogurt Vanilla
    1/2 Peach cut up
    1/4 cup Strawberries cut up

mix all the above together

Than take 1/4 cup of Fiber one Carmel Delight Cereal or what every cereal you like to add a little crunch
    and smash it up in a bag and place on top of the yogurt for a crunchy topping!

Its super yummy plus its only 165 calories!

YUM!!!