McD's annoyed me already...

DawnInOhio
DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
today! I had to take hubby to work, so I stop at McD's to try one of those nonfat, sugarfree latte's:drinker: ...so I was more thirsty than cold so I ordered it iced, and a Large. They hand me this itsy bitsy cup and tell me it only comes in one size. OF COURSE, you can get eeeeevrything else SUPER SIZE, but order something healthy....so now I still gotta make some coffee at home before I go to work.

Missing my caffeine, can ya tell?:grumble: :angry: :sad: :mad: :ohwell:

Replies

• DawnInOhio
    today! I had to take hubby to work, so I stop at McD's to try one of those nonfat, sugarfree latte's:drinker: ...so I was more thirsty than cold so I ordered it iced, and a Large. They hand me this itsy bitsy cup and tell me it only comes in one size. OF COURSE, you can get eeeeevrything else SUPER SIZE, but order something healthy....so now I still gotta make some coffee at home before I go to work.

Missing my caffeine, can ya tell?:grumble: :angry: :sad: :mad: :ohwell:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    I tried one when they first came out a couple weeks ago and it was sooooo nasty! Plus I was already mad that they charged me $3.31 for something that would cost $1 at the store!
  • DawnInOhio
    yeah, it was really strong, and the ice all melted before I got to drink it....and it was expensive!:grumble:
  • cmdelux
    cmdelux Posts: 27
    Fast food is such a rip off ! Not only do they charge too much, they are costing us more than just money when we go there - even most of their so called "light" or reduced fat items are still very high in calories, fat, and SODIUM! And NO nutritional value to most of their choices. Just not worth the convenience.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    I buy the bottles of Torani Sugar Free syrups and put them in my coffee.... carmel/chocolate, carmel/french vanilla.....chocolate/english toffee....chocolate/peanut butter....chocolate/raspberry....chocolate/cherry/coconut......they have no calories.....I add a little skim milk to make them creamy....The bottles are about $7.00 each but they are 25 oz and last a really long time.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    If you have a local restaruant store that allows normal customers (like Cash&Carry) the bottles are not that expensive. The sugar free Hazelnut and Almond are my favorite! There is also a sugar free chocolate powder called "Gosh thats Good" that is amazing with the almond flavor. never drink coffee without it (I work at a coffee stand- in fact I am here right now at 5 in the morning woohoo for me!)
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    If you have a local restaruant store that allows normal customers (like Cash&Carry) the bottles are not that expensive. The sugar free Hazelnut and Almond are my favorite! There is also a sugar free chocolate powder called "Gosh thats Good" that is amazing with the almond flavor. never drink coffee without it (I work at a coffee stand- in fact I am here right now at 5 in the morning woohoo for me!)

I used to buy mine at World Market for $6 but they are going out of business so one of the cafe's here will order them for me. The "Gosh that's Good" sounds wonderful. Where do you get it?
  • I happily, accidentally discovered an AMAZING coffee drink, right in my own kitchen. Now, I'll premise this by saying I'm not a coffee drinker, I like my hot chocolate with a shot of coffee if you know what I mean. I absolutely love the Mocha Frappacino from Starbucks (though I heavily limit them).

Anyway, after filling my husbands thermos in the morning, there's usually enough left for me to almost fill my coffee cup. I usually add 1 teaspoon of Ghiraldelli hot cocoa mix and some cold water (not a fan of really hot things either). Well the other day there wasn't even enough for half a cup, and I REALLY needed it. I didn't want to completely water down the coffee, so I added some skim milk. OH MY GOODNESS, yum!

So here it goes: 1/2 mug coffee, 1-2 teaspoons low-fat hot cocoa mix and 1/2 mug skim milk. It tasted just like Starbucks, and I know that if I put in the blender with some ice it would've been scrumptious too. Much cheaper, much lower in calories and fat and I got some unexpected calcium :)
  • I'm actually a restaurant manager for McDonald's and I can assure you that those SF NF latte's come in more than one itty bitty size....and as far as the price they are priced well below Starbuck prices, and at this point that is who McDonald's is trying to compete with. As for the taste, there are a lot of "procedures" that go into those dumb little coffee drinks, and one of those is putting the flavored syrup in before the coffee so it settles as the bottom...then the employee is supposed to stir the coffee several times to mix the syrup in, I can almost guarantee you that whatever emp. made your coffee that tasted oh so horrible did not even attempt to stir it and all you syrup-y goodness was in the bottom.

Okay, sorry but I always hear customer perspectives, and at some point I have to defend the company because they don't always set out to do bad....

I think i'm done with my rant...lol.
  • KLS10
    just to let you know... thats a mocha :)
  • KLS10
    oh and I think my boss orders it online somewhere. I am not really sure but I know if you googled it its calle "gosh thats good": Rich Classic Chocolate Sugar Free and they have a white chocolate called White Velvet it smells like cake! They are both yums
  • DawnInOhio
    I'm actually a restaurant manager for McDonald's and I can assure you that those SF NF latte's come in more than one itty bitty size....and as far as the price they are priced well below Starbuck prices, and at this point that is who McDonald's is trying to compete with. As for the taste, there are a lot of "procedures" that go into those dumb little coffee drinks, and one of those is putting the flavored syrup in before the coffee so it settles as the bottom...then the employee is supposed to stir the coffee several times to mix the syrup in, I can almost guarantee you that whatever emp. made your coffee that tasted oh so horrible did not even attempt to stir it and all you syrup-y goodness was in the bottom.

Okay, sorry but I always hear customer perspectives, and at some point I have to defend the company because they don't always set out to do bad....

I think i'm done with my rant...lol.
    I've written a few emails about my local McD's, because quite frankly, they stink. :ohwell: Always getting the order wrong, having to park it 9 times out of ten, rude employees, etc. I get a mass email about how they are independently owned and they will make the local owner aware. Gets me nowhere, so I'd rather rant here to people that can identify.:happy:
    I was telling people at work, and they said the same thing, that it only came in one size when they ordered it 'iced', and it was just under $3.50. We've never had a Starbucks around here, just local coffee shops and a Tim Horton's, their Iced Cappaccino, is to die for :drinker: :tongue: and HUGE...but not sugar free or fat free...I was hoping for a replacement, no such luck.:grumble:
    Thanks for the info I will question them about the size next time I'm there.:smile:
  • DawnInOhio
    I get DaVinci French Vanilla at Sam's Club, but I just saw they also have smaller bottles, and more flavors at Kroger.

Believe me I make my fair share of coffee drinks at home, some even include :gasp: kaluha, or baileys.:drinker:

I have flavored beans right now that I grind myself, but not noticing that much flavor. Just ran out of Gingerbread creamer, too, now I have to wait until next holiday season.:grumble:
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Ever since I saw the documentary "Super Size Me" I haven't eaten at McD's(that was almost 2 years ago or more...) and along with that I stopped eating at ANY fast food place. If I go out to eat it is at subway, or a local deli with awesome salads, and every once in a while I will go to Sonny's BBQ(it's my hubby's favorite) I have found that when I cook my kids eat better. At fast food places they would never finish their meals and it would go to waste but when I cook they practically lick their plates! lol