Any good ideas for work out at home dvds?

Options
Something around 30 minutes or so of cardio. For those days I don't feel like dragging myself to the gym, but I know I'll regret it if I don't do SOMETHING productive?

Replies

• jessicasager
    Options
    Something around 30 minutes or so of cardio. For those days I don't feel like dragging myself to the gym, but I know I'll regret it if I don't do SOMETHING productive?
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    How about a bit of Tae-bo that will get the blood pumping:tongue: and muscles working:bigsmile: .
    Good Luck..

Life may not be the party we hoped for :grumble: :explode: but while we are here we might as well dance! :drinker: :blushing:"
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    Not sure where you live and I'm too lazy to check your profile :tongue: but I have 2 dvds that im alternating everyday. I'm a SAHM and my hubby works random shifts so I can't get to the gym. I love them and I hurt so they must be working! :wink: Don't know if you'll get them in the US/Canada etc though the first one is called Davinas superbdy workout and the 2nd is called the lose weight workout by Mikyla. After my first baby I did Tae Bo dvd's and they were awesome!

Tee other thing I have is a lateral thigh trainer thingy but in all honesty I have only used it once. I have no idea how to get an effective work out on it.

Good Luck!!
  • rocknrollchic311
    rocknrollchic311 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been using The Biggest Loser DVD.. Bob's Boot Camp. He won't let you rest and keeps you going for a good 25-30 minutes each. There are several workouts to pick from too.

I love it because it's typical Bob... making you keep going and going on and on about burning calories. He helps me stay motivated.

I have a hard time dragging myself to the gym too and I feel myself get bored too easily there. Bob is entertaining and I feel like I am on the Biggest Loser Ranch with him alone! It's great!!

I sound like a commercial! lol :blushing:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Turbo Jam Fat Blaster is a great 30 minute high intensity aerobic workout. You can get the DVD at amazon for about $19 without having to buy the whole Turbo Jam package.
    :flowerforyou:
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    I would recommend going to beachbody.com and checking out their video selection. That is where you will find Turbo Jam as mentioned above and they have a wide range of videos. From 10 minute workouts to hour long workout. They are the ones that put out P90X and P90 workouts. Browse the choices and read the descriptions and see if any would work for you. You could buy them from the site, buy them from a coach (which I am not one, but there are several on these chats), or you could try to buy them off of ebay or craigs list. These cheaper alternatives may be risky since you will most likely be getting burned dvd's instead of the originals and you won't get some of the other good accessories either. I purchased some dvd's from craigslist and not all of them work, so you do get what you pay for!

Good Luck!
  • jessicasager
    Options
    thanks guys! lol i didnt think i'd get so many good ideas in an hour! haha but i'll look into it all, so thank you.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Turbo Jam workouts!!! I have the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and it's a nice workout as well. I also have a nice selection of pilates dvds.
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    I just started Power 90 from beachbody.com 2 weeks ago. The workouts are rather boring, but man, do they work. I've already lost 1 1/2 inches on each thigh and and almost an inch on each arm. I used to be a fan of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, but I would much rather to Tony Horton's workouts instead. Definitely check out beachbody.com.
  • hope4grace
    hope4grace Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Boot camp is really good - I also love Tae Bo Amped series...
    I have beend doing the Air Climber this week - it's a good work out too ..
    I also have a very very good workout by Mitch Gaylord - Perfect 10 - wow - it looked
    generic when I bought it - but it really will kick your butt...
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is an awesome one to do! Chalene is so fun and you really work up a sweat! I'm also a SAHM so I've been using workout DVD's at home for years now. Beachbody has a lot of great workouts, let me know if you have any questions (I'm a Team Beachbody coach).

Take care!

Jess
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Denise Austins (if you can stand her) targeting your female fat zones.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I like The Firm... especially their "Firm Box" series.
  • timechange
    Options
    I love :love: the Denise Austin Boot Camp! I am sweaty and exhausted after doing the whole 50 minutes. Love the last 10 minute flexibility part. It's relaxing.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds series of dvd's to get my cardio done indoors since the weather has been so, shall we say "non-cooperative"!:laugh: Then 3 days a week I add strength training to my workouts, and for that Ive been using Kathy Smith's Build Muscle To Shrink Fat series. Kathy Smith is pretty tough, but you just do modifications until you can keep up to her pace:wink: Sometimes I wonder though if I will ever graduate to her pace!:laugh: They do just fine for me though. Great workouts:flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    All the Beachbody ones are excellent-I've done several of them. Definitley give results!:flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I record some of the exercise shows that come on TV. Gilad and some others are really good.
  • xtina11179
    Options
    I LOVE Cardioke!! It is with Billy Blanks, Jr (son of Tae Bo guru Billy Blanks) and it is so fun!! It's more like dancing than exercise and yes, you do actually sing! They had it on the Exercise on Demand channel but then I went to do it last week and it was gone!!! :explode: I ordered the video from exercisetv.tv (yes, it is .tv) right away but I haven't gotten it yet. :sad: I googled a "exercise tv coupon code" and found one that took about $5 or so off my order. After shipping cost it came out to $21 and change. I'm telling you, it is fun!! I can't wait to get it!!:bigsmile: