New guy here

Options
Had a physical last week and the doc said either I lower my cholesterol by losing weight and eating right, or cholesterol meds. LDL over 150, so not through the roof but said it has to come down. Everything else is pretty well, but the hdl is too low and said that needs exercise to go up. My wife and I do walk when we can.

At the physical (little over a week ago) I weighed 234 and am down to 228 already in a week, and that 228 was rechecked at the doc's office on the same scale so I know it's right.

I do eat out quite a bit, but have been pouring over info so I know what I should and shouldn't eat.

Anyways, gotta run, but thought I'd check in really quick. I know I saw a lot of good info on here when I was researching healthier fast-food ideas and thought I'd join up.

Gilly (I had to add the "WI" on the end becuase Gilly was taken already, so just "Gilly" is fine)

Replies

• Michi63
    Michi63 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cool, welcom Gilly! :smile:
  • vic72
    vic72 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi just Gilly!
    Good luck on your journey & feel free to add me :)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME GILLY! My hubby was told teh same thing only he is on BP meds and cholesterol, and also is pre-diabetic! I can't get him to join MFP. He says he woule never have time to track everything he eats. EXCUSES EXCUSES EXCUSES! Wish he was more like you! Good luck in your journey! It's a great site with terrific people! Once you set your mind to it, you can do it!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! you have come to the right place!! We are all here for you, good luck with your journey!
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    hi
  • jjtemple03
    jjtemple03 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss.
  • wbutterfras
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Sometimes those Dr. Visits are just the slap in the face we need. Do you know that if you go into your settings you can choose which nutrients you want to track? This changes which ones you see in the food diary. Otherwise, you have to go the full report to see where you are with things like cholesterol and sodium. Good Luck to you, Sir!
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome aboard.Send me a request for support and Motivation.:smile:
  • GillyWI
    GillyWI Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes! I know this will be a good resource fort me. I don't know about all the entries and stuff but I'm sure I'll have lot's of good questions for the forums.
    Gilly
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Welcome!