11 months weightloss then 11 months maintenance/recomp (with pics)

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    <3
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Love this. And is that first pic your high weight? Because you carried those 80lbs really well! I'll be switching to recomp in the not too distant future and I'm excited to see what a year does so this is very cool to see.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Excellent job girl!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Aww gee @orphia, after reading so much good stuff in your posts it is really great to actually see you and your success.

Well done young woman!

Cheers, h.
  • abrubru
    abrubru Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, inspiring work!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Patty1015A wrote: »
    Wow! you look so strong and fit for a 50 year old! Did you have aching knees when you started jogging? I started 2 weeks ago with jogging and my right knee is killing me! I want to give up but I am enjoying it so much I hate to give up jogging! It also helps me to eat less! I am 42 by the way and would love to lose about 30lbs!

@Patty1015A Thank you! Yay, you started jogging!

Running actually strengthens the knee cartilage. However, I have flat feet, and my leg muscles weren't communicating with my brain quickly enough or in sync up the chain from my feet, and my physiotherapist gave me exercises that helped me retrain my brain. I also got orthotics for my feet, and those knee problems were fine.

I highly recommend physiotherapy and podiatry.

Also, make sure you don't overdo it. If you're increasing distance, don't run flat out. Run at a pace that you can hold a conversation at.

And make sure you take rest days. In the beginning, I did Couch to 5K two days a week, and did my best at parkrun on Saturdays. Rest days are when your body's biology makes improvements.

Good luck! Join us in the MFP Monthly Running Challenge threads! March's thread is here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521779/march-2017-running-challenge/p1
  • Orphia
    Options
    Aww gee @orphia, after reading so much good stuff in your posts it is really great to actually see you and your success.

Well done young woman!

Cheers, h.

@middlehaitch :blush: Aww, you're so nice. And I think you're very smart, so your comment means a lot to me. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone else who's posted! Your support is really touching, and I feel honoured you've taken the time to post to me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Well done young lady!

I particularly liked your phrase - "eat and train" not "diet and exercise".
  • blwelch1
    blwelch1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have you always been a runner, or did you start running in 2015?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Very nice to see. I'm also doing a recomp (at 62) and it's coming along nicely. Never give up at any age. A big congrats on your success!
  • MomReborn
    MomReborn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing progress!
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    So inspiring!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Amazing! So happy for you!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Thank you so much, lovely people! :heart:
    blwelch1 wrote: »
    Have you always been a runner, or did you start running in 2015?

@blwelch1 Apart from a couple of runs with a friend 30 years ago (I'm 50), I only ever ran because I was forced to at school. I hated running at school! Only a few years ago, I said I couldn't run because I have flat feet!

Where there's a will, there's a way. I just started running because it felt like the natural thing to do. I needed to go faster than a walk!

Orthotics from a podiatrist sorted out my flat feet. Orthotics have been brilliant.

The day after I first ran aged 48, I downloaded the C25K app by Zen Labs, and started the next day - the same day that I signed up for the local parkrun that was about to start in my town. Been doing parkrun every Saturday ever since (either running or volunteering).
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mir1104
    mir1104 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yours, in other words, is called a whole body transplant!! Congratulations for your results, I hope to be like you at 50!
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    OMG you look incredible!!! Super inspirational!
  • kimv1188
    kimv1188 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting such an inspirational story! You are a strong, beautiful woman and that is awesome!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Many, many thanks to you all!
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Just amazing. U are truly my motivation so thank u x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!