Weekly Shopping List

Options
I'd love to know how you are shopping so I can learn how to be better at mine.

This will also give me more ideas on what to eat.

this is what I stocked up on this week:

Silk - Almond
Creatine
Slim fast 3-2-1 snack (100 calories)
Cauliflower
Asparagus
Onions
Canned Vegetables
- Sweet Peas
- French Cut String Beans
Whole Chicken Fry
Tuna fish
Brown rice

This seems boring but I will learn how to tweak it out as I go.
(oh yeah, I need to do something about eating rice with almost all my meals.)

Replies

• silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Try sautéing spinach & onions with a dash or garlic & a smidge of shredded cheese. I also get the Bird’s Eye, Normandy Blend frozen veggies & heat a bowl full up in the microwave, drain the water, then add a low cal spaghetti sauce & heat it for a minute more. You can add chicken & garlic for a change. Cook baby carrots in olive oil. (Yum Yum!) Bake a turkey! There are a whole bunch of things to do with it! Add it to a frozen bag of stir fry, omelets or eat it cold or with your brown rice! Look at my diary for more ideas. Look at everyone’s diary who has it open. Best of luck!

(canned veggies have too much sodium, try fresh!)
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Try sautéing spinach & onions with a dash or garlic & a smidge of shredded cheese. I also get the Bird’s Eye, Normandy Blend frozen veggies & heat a bowl full up in the microwave, drain the water, then add a low cal spaghetti sauce & heat it for a minute more. You can add chicken & garlic for a change. Cook baby carrots in olive oil. (Yum Yum!) Bake a turkey! There are a whole bunch of things to do with it! Add it to a frozen bag of stir fry, omelets or eat it cold or with your brown rice! Look at my diary for more ideas. Look at everyone’s diary who has it open. Best of luck!

I forgot:
    Slow cook green beans in the crock pot with onions, a little water & Weber Smoky Mesquite seasoning, I love it! You can have it for a side all week long or freeze some for later.
  • ilaurya
    ilaurya Posts: 9
    Options
    The grocery store is just a small part of our overall eating approach, but here's our food for this week. Once we get tired of a certain type of veggie, we switch to preserving it for winter.

Bought at the store:
    4 lbs frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
    5 lbs lean angus round steak (sale)
    mozzarella cheese
    neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese)
    10 lbs fresh cherries
    2 loaves of low-cal whole grain bread

Picked from the (organic) garden:
    yellow squash
    zucchini
    cucumbers
    green beans
    swiss chard
    oregano
    rosemary
    cilantro
    carrots
    found a few strawberries

Received from our organic farm share:
    1 dozen eggs
    a mess of cucumbers
    4 types of lettuce
    more swiss chard
    2 carrots
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    first i want to say that's great idea as i get lost when I'm buying my stuff i don't know what to buy , i will go shopping today & tell u what i got , thanks i have great ideas from you all .
  • MerA822
    MerA822 Posts: 43
    Options
    first i want to say that's great idea as i get lost when I'm buying my stuff i don't know what to buy , i will go shopping today & tell u what i got , thanks i have great ideas from you all .
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't think your list sounds boring. It looks pretty healthy and not so different than mine. Mine would have more fish because both my hubby and I are fish lovers, and brussel sprouts because we both really LOVE roasted brussel sprouts and eat them at least one a week. Also, I'd swap out the canned veggies for frozen and the almond milk for soy but that's just a personal taste preference.
  • Nishka09
    Nishka09 Posts: 33
    Options
    for salads:
    spinach and romaine
    tomatoes
    onions
    red and yellow pepers
    mushrooms
    lunch meat
    cheese
    eggs

for cooked dishes:
    lentils
    quinoa
    beans
    ground turkey
    onions
    green peppers
    kale
    frozen spinach
    canned diced tomatoes
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I forgot:
    Slow cook green beans in the crock pot with onions, a little water & Weber Smoky Mesquite seasoning, I love it! You can have it for a side all week long or freeze some for later.

THANK YOU! I've been using mfp for a while on my phone to track my routine but this is the first week I ever looked and used the message board. I didn't even think to look at what others are eating. Got my first two friends this week, I will look at theirs.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options

I forgot:

Oh! I am going to have to try the green bean trick.
  • glowingz
    glowingz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This is my shopping list lately:

Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    Mozzarella Cheese sticks (low fat)
    Dolmas (grape leaves stuffed with rice & spices)

Broccoli/Cauliflower
    Asparagus
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Bell Peppers
    Green beans
    Kale
    Red Onion

Apples
    Pears
    Nectarines
    Blueberries

Pita bread
    Kashi cereal
    Rice cakes
    Sliced almonds
    Sunflower seeds

Grilled chicken strips or some type of frozen chicken that I can heat up in the oven for dinner
    Some kinda frozen side dishes, I like to change it up, so I just read all the labels and pick ones I like best with dinner.
  • Nishka09
    Nishka09 Posts: 33
    Options
    oh yes and for desserts (although I often just get tempted with my husband's treats):
    yogurt
    bananas
    honey
    berries
    oatmeal