Body measuring tape?

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
Where can I find one? I would like to be able to measure my progress(assuming there is any). Where's the best place to find a good measuring tape? Do I have to go to a sporting goods store or do you think places like Target will carry them? Also, do you have any recommendations on a specific kind or are they all the same?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I got mine from wal-mart for like 2 dollars.
  • lauraleenaft
    Options
    you could try joann fabrics or michaels(if you have those stores around you)
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    all tape measures are the same... I have two, one in the shape of a bumblebee which came with my knitting magazine and onother with a pretty pattern of rose on that came with a cros stitch magazine, but you can get them everywhere. The haberdashery department in any big store will have a basic tape measure for like a dollar. My first basic one came from Atkinsons (a department store).
  • divadoll41
    divadoll41 Posts: 188
    Options
    walmart...
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    You might look in the 'sewing' section at Target. I don't actually know if sporting goods stores carry them.
    I think any place that has safety pins and other sewing notions would have them.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Where can I find one? I would like to be able to measure my progress(assuming there is any). Where's the best place to find a good measuring tape? Do I have to go to a sporting goods store or do you think places like Target will carry them? Also, do you have any recommendations on a specific kind or are they all the same?

Thanks in advance!

You can find them with the sewing notions in supermarkets and fabric /craft stores. I've not found them in Target, but maybe they have them there as well.

Or you can look for something online, like Myotape.
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    dollar store, target, wal mart or any fabric store should have them
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    sewing kit at the dollar store. Per haps cross check with a ruler to make sure its not wonky or anything before you use it.
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    you probably could get one from a sporting good, or athletic apperal. store. all I use is a plain old measuring tape I picked up in the sewing section of a local walmart. it measures the same as one from a fancy shop, and only cost about $2.00
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    got mine from target for $2
  • thompasarahjane
    Options
    I got mine from British Heart foundation go to the site on the web
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Beware the ones that come in sewing kits at the supermarket - some of them are made with paper. I would also avoid a cloth one - they will stretch over time. A good (as in not too thin) vinyl tape is going to give you long-term service. Fabric stores are a sure bet.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I've gotten mine for free online.. I've since lost my last one, so I just did another search for "free measuring tape" and a few different sites came up.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Just get a flexible measuring tape over by the sewing supplies. You can get them from 1-3 dollars.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I got mine from wal-mart for like 2 dollars.

Me too. Where you buy the craft or notions...
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Target should have them. Looking in the sewing section.