Help with making eggs

Options
Eating eggs n bah sick of them... what could i add in to give them better flavour lol

Replies

• marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love eating salsa with my egss!
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    I love eating salsa with my egss!

lol i used to do that on KETO diet.. salsa with everything lol
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    cook it inside a green pepper ring (or red...or yellow) and put it on an english mufifn!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I'm on more of low carb / high fat diet plan but I use vegetable oil in the pan and I add a slice of swiss and a slice of cheddar when scrambling them up.

EDIT: I also just eat hard-boiled eggs, it's quicker.
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Egg Salad Sammies...
    Hard boiled eggs chopped w/ a lil light mayo & a lil musturd. Scoop on wheat bread w/ a couple lettuce leaves...yumm!
  • Meghann218
    Meghann218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love adding green, red, or yellow pepper and onions to add extra flavor and sometimes a meat of some kind. He has also done wrap with salsa.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I always add cheese to scrambled eggs. Even just 1 slice in a pan of 8 eggs when I make them for the family.

How about a dash of tabasco or redhot?
  • HettyBattersea
    Options
    Since you've done the salsa thing what about chimichurri? It's South American. Contains olive oil, parsley, a bit of red pepper flakes. Lots of recipes online and you can tweak the flavors however you wish. We use it a lot on meat.

Or scrambling the eggs with other veggies.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Keto diet and I scramble with ham or add cheese to the top, I usually don't cook eggs with salt or pepper but if I need a change I add Mrs. Dash to it.
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    damn should i fried my eggs maybe just finished boiling, going to try the mayo and mustard.. got no bread in the house at the moment though lol
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Eating eggs n bah sick of them... what could i add in to give them better flavour lol

I dice up some smoked deli ham, chop some baby spinach and onions and throw them in while scrambling my eggs. Sometimes I will use those same ingredients and make omelettes instead. I don't like cheese on my eggs, but you could sprinkle some grated cheese on your eggs for an extra flavor kick too.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    i treat my eggs like a meat replacment. i make curry scrambled eggs, or dice up tofu and add to it. sometimes i season them w all italian stuff etc.
  • shellyb1229
    shellyb1229 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I add cheese and chives to mine. You can also buy pre-flavored egg beater (they are good). Ooh, a little chicken, fresh veggies along with seasonings and you have a great omelet. If you have a muffin pan you can pre-make egg "omelets/muffins". I make mine with egg whites, cheese, chives, crumbled turkey sausage (pre-cook the sausage). They really do turn out well - my husband will take one or two to the office in the mornings as well.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am the omelette queen in my house. I use 2 eggs, and add almost anything. I've added asparagus, grilled zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, lo salt ham, leftover grilled steak, turkey sausage, etc. I may add a smidge of lo fat mozz cheese. When you put it on the plate it looks like a lot, which is great, and it really is pretty good.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Someone else had posted an easy way to poach eggs too. Get a muffin tin and heat the oven to 350. Put a tbsp of water and one whole egg in one or more of the cups and bake for about 10 minutes (or until firm). You can then use those with bagels or english muffins as breakfast sandwiches and add breakfast meat/cheese as desired.
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    I make an egg sandwich!

Spray cooking spray in a small skillet and heat it. Crack an egg into the skillet when it's heated, and cook on both sides until done! I usually put black and red pepper on both sides while it's cooking. Put on a piece of toast that's lightly spread with light Miracle Whip, pepper jack cheese on top of that, and yum!! It's around 260 calories depending on what you put on it, and it's delicious!!!
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    All these ideas are making me hungry. I love my eggs over medium with a little shredded cheese and hot sauce on top.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    *IF* for have calories to spare try making this:

http://www.hub-uk.com/foodpages19/recip0904.htm

Calorie count per serving:
    Cream 75ml- 145
    Chocolate 50g - 250
    Butter (spoon) - 35
    Brandy (12 ml) - 30
    egg yolk (half) - 25

Total: 485

OK, its only half a yolk but it is very, very tasty.....
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Ooh..I had mine this morning with tomato, onion and avocado! Yummy!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    More helpfully - Tuna Salad Nicoise. Maybe with Quails eggs if you are feeling adventurous.