Damaged my ankle

Options
Hey,

Ive recently damaged my ankle, but hate not working out as its driving me insane and throwing me off my weight loss track. Does anyone have an recommendations for exercises I can still complete without further injury?

Thanks!!

Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Upper body from seated positions. Core work from ground (such as crunches, plank from knees, twists, flutter kicks). Kick backs, dips, pull ups (assisted from knees), push ups from knees or with your injured foot across the other ankle.

ETA: I'm assuming non weight bearing - if you can handle weight by all means do the full, unmodified moves.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Swimming?

What have you done to your ankle?
  • sophielouise1476
    sophielouise1476 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Swimming?

Basically told nothing was wrong at the hospital, but over two weeks later its still swelling and doesn't feel right and isnt the same shape as my other ankle, so at this point, who knows!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Swimming?

Basically told nothing was wrong at the hospital, but over two weeks later its still swelling and doesn't feel right and isnt the same shape as my other ankle, so at this point, who knows!

Then nothing other than RICE and then try a physio
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Swimming?

Also - this sounds like you might need to go back or follow up with your primary - swelling and deformity are generally not present for funsies.
  • sophielouise1476
    sophielouise1476 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Swimming?

Also - this sounds like you might need to go back or follow up with your primary - swelling and deformity are generally not present for funsies.
    Swimming?

I am going back on Wednesday, something isn't correct and I just want to start the healing process, thanks everyone!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Upper body workout. For example seated shoulder press, seated chest press, back exercises etc. As far as leg workout goes, light walking but rest is what I would say. Last thing you want to do is prolong your recovery or make it worse.