Let's gain muscle and lost fat together!!

Options
Hi all,

I'm Abdul, 24 years old my goal is to gain muscle and lose fat in fun way. Thats why I joined a running group and track my total distance each month so that I can beat in the next month. To gain mass I do calisthenics - still beginner as I quit lifting recently - calisthenics is fun because you gain strength and mass while getting ripped and learning new awesome skills, check it out!!

If interested please add me to gain muscle, lose fats, cover more ground and learn insane human skills :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    You don't gain muscle doing calisthenics. You'll get fitter, possibly add some strength and maybe have better muscle "endurance", but muscle gain comes from progressive overload along with a slight surplus (to gain muscle means to add mass which means adding weight).
    So fat loss is calorie deficit, muscle gaining is calorie surplus. You can't run both at the same time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • abdulsaif
    abdulsaif Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think you can gain mass with callisthenics if you do them correct with extra weights attached to your body ofcourse plus as you said you are in caloric surplus. However, I recently I came accross some video in youtube saying you can gain mass while beeing in caloric deficit /:.

Please check
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE

Interesting to know your thoughts