Eat before morning workout?

Options
I'm trying to turn myself into a morning person so I can get my gym session out of the way first thing in the morning before work. I don't feel very well mid-workout if I don't eat beforehand, but it's so early in the morning that I'm not even hungry. Any advice on what to eat before hitting the gym is appreciated!!

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    A small piece of bread with some almond butter or peanut butter works wonders. Maybe a half of a slice.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Banana and almonds.

Eggs and oatmeal

Yogurt and almonds

Oatmeal and yogurt

Oatmeal and 1 scoop of protien

1 scoop of protien and almonds

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My husband eats a rice cake with peanut butter. I do a banana.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It comes down to trial and error (based on how intense your workout is...). I'll usually have coffee and a banana before hitting the gym but it may take a little experimenting on your part.
  • abdulsaif
    abdulsaif Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Like Brian said, you have to experiment to know what works best for you. Personally, I go for a cup of coffee with eggs and fruits usually bananas
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1/2 a clif bar before I run in the mornings, or a whole one if I'm running for an hour or more. They are pretty calorie dense, don't upset my stomach, and most importantly taste good! Banana is my go to when I run out of clif bars