How to lose my butt???

Options
:blushing: I am doing ok with my weight loss but am a little frustrated as its all come off my upper body. 3 months ago I measured myself and they were right thigh-26" left thigh-25.5" waist-35" hips-46" back(underboobs)-38".
My measurements now are right thigh- 24.5" left thigh- 24" waist-33" hips-44.5" back- 33".
I am ruuning twice a week and going to the gym twice a week where I use the croos trainer, rowing machine, some of the weigh machines and the bike to cool down.

Any suggestions to new exercises that might helpme lose the fat on my thighs and bum please???? X

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You can't spot lose fat. You have to just keep losing fat to lose where you want. Keep working out, eating right and toning.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    LUNGES AND SQUATS!THEY SUCK :grumble: BUT THEY WORK:bigsmile:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Do you run? Worked great for me.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    run run run
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    How's your diet? Are you eating clean? If so, just keep it up. You're still losing inches. A lot of girls would die to have lost that many inches.

So eat clean, no crap, and keep up with the workouts. I know I lost a good amount of inches when I was running.

I agree with the above poster. Definitely lunges and squats. Pilates is a great way to lengthen and strengthen your legs, and really work your core too.

Good luck! You're doing great!
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    hi hun!!
    squats, lunges, fire hydrants
    but its true that you cant spot reduce fat - so it will go and catch up with the upper body if you keep up all your good work.
    but definatly working those areas will help tighten and tone them
    so u do any upper body resistance work? if you work your arms while working your legs you will burn more calories and tone your entire body at the same time to help even things out
    xxx
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ifyou can find an elastic band to wrap around both your ankles (like you would in a 3 legged race)... then walk sideways as far as you can getting as much extension pushing against that resistance as possible... I have the thunder down under myself, and besids what everyone else has posted I'd add that to your weight days...
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Ifyou can find an elastic band to wrap around both your ankles (like you would in a 3 legged race)... then walk sideways as far as you can getting as much extension pushing against that resistance as possible... I have the thunder down under myself, and besids what everyone else has posted I'd add that to your weight days...

THE THUNDER DOWN UNDER ....LOL I LOVE THAT !!!!!!!! BUT I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT SOEMTHING ELSE FOR A SECOND....SILLY ME !
  • RippedNShredded
    Options
    Here are my leg works i do to.

Goblet Squats
    Sumo Squats
    Walking Lunges/Reverse
    Combo (Step up then to a reverse lunge)
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my bottom half too...I went to a personal trainer yesterday this is what i was told.

He wants my protein up to 120-140
    Carbs below 25-30

Squats...he had me do door knob squats...so much easier because you can hang on, if you lose your balance, and works on form.

Hopefully this works for me! lol
  • bekeejacobs
    Options
    Thanks guys, so great to get so much input!
    I guess I'll keep going!
    Have been advised to avoid lunges but will increase my squats and maybe add some pilates and hopefully as I increase my running mileage my butt will start to decrease xxx
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Hard to "target" weight loss, but I've been doing kickboxing and my legs are toning much faster than my upper half. Might want to give it a try.
  • AngelaRWC
    AngelaRWC Posts: 3
    Options
    You can strengthen the muscles of your butt, but can't target the fat loss. If you try some HIIT combined with LISS, it may help with the fat loss.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I am not a woman, but can tell you how my ex wife lost her *kitten*...She divorced me...lol.

Have a great day and try fast walking and squats.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I am not a woman, but can tell you how my ex wife lost her *kitten*...She divorced me...lol.

YOU STOLE MY LINE !!!!! I WAS SOOOOOOO GOIN TO SAY THAT !
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

YOU STOLE MY LINE !!!!! I WAS SOOOOOOO GOIN TO SAY THAT !

lol...scooped ya, but great minds think alike.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Increase the amount of days you do cardio to burn off fat; try to incorp. some circuit or HIIT training. Squats squats squats! Dead lifts; lunges; walking or running up hills; birdge kicks; donkey kicks. I found a program yesterday called the "Butt Bible" the woman is more obsessed with the butt than any person I've ever seen! Seriously, her comments through out the workout make doing it worth it! "Make love to the butt; treat the butt like royalty" :laugh: