Help!?!

Options
mirnmax
mirnmax Posts: 38 Member
So, I'm new here, not to counting calories or dieting or even trying every fad diet under the sun..... but I'm restarting. Sorry I didn't introduce myself in the newbie thread...... and well, I'm going to ask a rhetorical question - but feel free to spout answers at me anyway......

I have 305 calories left, but no fat or protein - - and I still have dinner to go. Salad with no dressing and 2 glasses of wine? :) Apparently I've been on the low carb trend that I also have about 112 carbs to consume...... but I'm not really worried about fulfilling that requirement.

I regret my spontaneous "lets go to lunch!" Where I knew better than to pick a salad and I completely lost my sense when ordering and forgot to say "dressing on the side" and "no onion straws or cheese or bbq sauce or...." I said to myself "meh it's a salad so I'm good." *sigh* and I KNEW better. 760 calories, 49 g of fat! Be leary of those salads man! Okay anyway now I'm just rambling....

So if you were me, what would you do? Scrap the entire day and order pizza for dinner?

Thanks for listening!

Melissa

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about going over on fat or protein. Those are minimums.

Don't scrap the entire day. You can have a nice light dinner for 305 calories and hit what is truly important -- your calorie goal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yeah, don't scrap the day. There are plenty of filling foods you can eat. I don't pay much attention to macros. I make sure I get enough protein and the rest I don't stress. Going over on fats isn't a big deal. For years I had my fat set to 50%. I still prefer to eat a fat-heavy diet and I've been in my healthy BMI for a very long time.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about going over on fat or protein. Those are minimums.

Don't scrap the entire day. You can have a nice light dinner for 305 calories and hit what is truly important -- your calorie goal.

This^

I think we've all done the OMG! I can't believe it's that many calories type thing.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    As long as you are maintaining a calorie deficit you will lose weight, so for now don't worry about the macros. Just eat a light dinner that fits your calories.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    What they all said above me.. you could also go for a walk or something and earn a few more calories to squeeze in a bigger dinner.
  • mirnmax
    Options
    :) Thanks guys! I remembered I had a spaghetti squash to cook! :) that with some jalapenos and canned tomatoes - will work! Funny how my mind was automatically "alcohol has no fat or protein!" heh.... Course right now I am really not hungry so - I don't have to eat those 305 calories if I don't want to. Right? :)
  • teresakerekes1966
    teresakerekes1966 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Never just scrap the day. If you are going to have a "scrappy" day then plan it wisely.
  • mirnmax
    Options
    I did go for a walk, but I didn't eat dinner. Just wasn't hungry. Sipped some red wine and called it a day! :) Thanks for all the advice though, much appreciated!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you had one flat tire, would you slash the rest?
  • ShareeEmma
    ShareeEmma Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    mirnmax wrote: »
    So, I'm new here, not to counting calories or dieting or even trying every fad diet under the sun..... but I'm restarting. Sorry I didn't introduce myself in the newbie thread...... and well, I'm going to ask a rhetorical question - but feel free to spout answers at me anyway......

I have 305 calories left, but no fat or protein - - and I still have dinner to go. Salad with no dressing and 2 glasses of wine? :) Apparently I've been on the low carb trend that I also have about 112 carbs to consume...... but I'm not really worried about fulfilling that requirement.

I regret my spontaneous "lets go to lunch!" Where I knew better than to pick a salad and I completely lost my sense when ordering and forgot to say "dressing on the side" and "no onion straws or cheese or bbq sauce or...." I said to myself "meh it's a salad so I'm good." *sigh* and I KNEW better. 760 calories, 49 g of fat! Be leary of those salads man! Okay anyway now I'm just rambling....

So if you were me, what would you do? Scrap the entire day and order pizza for dinner?

Thanks for listening!

Melissa

Me.... I wouldn't give up, I would go the extra at burning some cals :) but that's me
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I've never tracked/paid attention to macros and I've had no problem nailing my weight management goals. Calories is what matters for weight loss and you did fine, especially with a meal out :)