30lbs to lose, exhausted, where to start???

Options
dpg2503
dpg2503 Posts: 20 Member
I didn't really notice how much weight I had put on after a year of being away from my second home the gym. Because of martial needs the gym ultimately is a no no. I have four children, age 16,12,5 & 4. I'm tired. There not enough hours in the day, but when I get a moment the last thing on my mind is an at home workout. I LOVED the gym, but I love my family more.

Help. I'm sore all over and often have 3 days out due to serious doms or nerves trapped after exercise ( that's not hard)
I'm 5ft 2 and weigh 163lbs last time I looked.
I was 120lbs before baby 2.
I feel like a fat chocolate eating failure.

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and 148 lbs. I feel my best around 125 or less. I am aiming for 125 right now. I just started (again) last Monday. I weigh/measure all foods. I also have been walking on the treadmill as that's really all I can do right now. Just try to get active when you can. I understand having small children. My youngest is 7 now but it's been tough the last few years. I also have a teen and a 21 year old so that factors in to my stress and I'm a stress eater. Feel free to friend me!
  • jesusmorfa
    jesusmorfa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am with you, gyms do not get you in shape nor they help you keep healthy. I lost my first 30 lbs from home.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I have 3 children and a step daughter get a dog walk that dog with your children twice a day every day
    Get a DVD for exercise one that's not to harsh
    Swim
    Cycle
    Tbh we all make excuses me too but if we really want something we make it happen
  • dpg2503
    Options
    I don't disagree, we do all make excuses. Sometimes it's easier to get moving. I loved the gym, and boy it did get me in shape. We won't get a dog as we r about to move home ( relocate) and we have old cats lol. However I've decided unless it's torrential rain, the car stays at home for the school runs. My back is still incredibly sore, but I'm lathering the tiger balm on......For me it is the food.... I love food. I love lots of food... I know how to do calorie deficit, and have worked out small and often is my best chance, rather than fasting here and there or living off cabbage ;)
  • Winnersneverquitaimhigh
    Options
    Get barbells or kettlebell and do some workout at the comfort of your home.. u tube has many videos to help..start with the beginner's workouts...
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I think we all know how it should go but when your busy grabbing things quickly is so much easier isn't it

30lbs isn't so bad I once had 75lbs to lose which was 30 before that I just left it and left it

:/
  • janetora
    janetora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find tracking my food is the most helpful thing I can do to lose weight! Exercising let's me eat a little more! ;) I have never been able to out exercise the fork! Thinking about your pain comment, I gained my weight over the last two years after foot surgery. I found pain really increased my appetite!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Home aerobics? I bought a used insanity DVD off of eBay cheap? What about a nice home bike ?
  • sum_how
    sum_how Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you about the food! It's my favorite!! (Besides my two kids ☺️) I was a group fitness instructor for years. I taught 5 classes a week so I practically lived at the gym. I started traveling for work and decided to quit instructing. That's when my weight gain started. I bounced on/off the scale for years then this past January something just clicked with me and I finally decided to do it for myself, no one else. That made all the difference in the world.

I track my food everyday. (Portion control was my biggest issue.) And I also removed all emotion from eating. If I overeat I don't punish myself for it. Just move past it and do better the next day. I'm also picking better foods to eat. That food change alone helped me drop my first 7 lbs in January. Last month I hired a trainer but I do a lot of workouts at home. Just 30 minutes. But it's helped a lot! Sometimes it's 10 at night when the kids are all finallly in bed. But I squeeze it in. You can do this!! We all believe in you!
  • dpg2503
    Options
    Well I best come out then. I'm a qualified PT, I teach 2 classes a week currently and just like yourself I used to do more. I'm a qualified kettlebell instructor too! Again it's about finding the time, and as you guys have said, grabbing the easy to go food. It's odd I'm usually really good at meals and food, but once every 6 weeks I seem to utterly lose the plot! I'm my own worst enemy. I know what to do, how to do it. Maybe I just don't have the encouragement I used too, and obviously not being in the gym which was epic for me.... But thank u all for your comments.... It's time to move forward x
  • runabirun
    runabirun Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I hear you! I love the gym, but work simply consumes all of my time and energy. I have a kettleball at work, standing desk, etc but that doesn't feel like much compared to my old routine.

Posting your small successes on MFP might help. You are probably doing a lot of things right and not giving yourself credit. Find those bright spots and see if you can do more of that, rather than focusing on all the things you need to stop or change.

Good luck!
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Why not play with your kids? Have a crazy dance party, kick the ball around, ride bikes, chase around the park, make up games/activity that will engage you both and give you exercise. I'm sure a 4 and 5 year old would love that. Of course, my kids have fur so that is just a guess...lol.
  • bshrom11
    bshrom11 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I hate working out to be honest so I don't go to the gym or do at home workouts. I met my goal without doing either. I just do the things I enjoy like hiking and riding my bike. I have since readjusted my goal as I would like to lose 5-10 more pounds before summer. The number you see on the scale is a direct result of what you eat. What I'm getting at is you can lose weight without a rigorous exercise routine.
  • kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20lbs in the last 4 months but just counting calories and eating whatever I want I do no workouts at all or go to the gym I have a 7 year old and 2 year old that keep me plenty busy we go on walks or play outside with our dogs I have a step goal of 6k a day that I usually make and that goal fits my lifestyle (desk job)
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    dpg2503 wrote: »
    It's time to move forward x

Sorry, just been wanting to use this. :smiley: I hear ya!! You know what to do. And you know you can do it. Best of luck!

bKnEnd65zqxfq.gif