All I think about is...

Options
All I can think about is food! Someone please help...

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You may be undereating. What's your height and weight and your calorie goal, and are you hitting it?
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Its ok. If you are new to this way of eating, and still figuring out what changes you can make, its good that its always on your mind, as you have to build new habits and break old ones that were not working for your goals. Once you become comfortable with your plan, you will find that it fades to the back of your mind. Its a "healthy" obsession right now!!
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Depending on how long you've been counting, it's normal. I'd say easily a month or two to really change that mindset. The WORST thing you can do is give in and binge eat. Try and find a happy place, hobby, or drink more water.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Why are you thinking about food so much and what problem is it causing you?

Are you on a very restrictive diet in terms of calories or type of food? If you are, rethink your plan to something you can live with.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I agree, this can be a symptom of undereating. Some people (like me) are this way naturally, I've always obsessed about food since childhood (it's my happy place), but if it's come on suddenly and is causing you distress, it's most likely because you're over-restricting.

What is your height, weight, age, calorie goal, and how much are you trying to lose?
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I agree, this can be a symptom of undereating. Some people (like me) are this way naturally, I've always obsessed about food since childhood (it's my happy place), but if it's come on suddenly and is causing you distress, it's most likely because you're over-restricting.

What is your height, weight, age, calorie goal, and how much are you trying to lose?

Me too. I've always been that way too. I just absolutely love food and I think of it quite often. I will say that MFP makes me think of it more because I spend lots of time pre-logging. However, it doesn't cause me distress. I actually think it releases endorphins for me. I get excited about new foods that I am trying or something that I am really enjoying.
  • teresakerekes1966
    teresakerekes1966 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I don't know....some days I just LOVE TO EAT!! Sometimes I want to eat constantly and I do but I just make sure it is healthy stuff. Then I drink a lot of water and take supplements and I feel so stuffed.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Grab a handful of almonds, drink some water and go for a walk. You get to burn of a few and it gets you away from the food. Why almonds? They taste good but not addictive.