Need some healthy eating advice. Feel free to add!

Options
After suffering with depression I was over eating. I have lost over half a stone on this app before in a couple of months. But this time I'm finding it hard. Does anybody know of any little changes I can make? e.g skimmed milk instead of semi skimmed, popcorn instead of Crisps. Feel free to add me and share your ideas! Thank you! X

Replies

• RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oooh I gained during depression too! I managed to put on 30lbs in a few months so I get where you are coming from! I'm now 2 stone down so its possible!

I looked at your diary but some days are empty so I cannot customize advice but here are some general tips:
    - Serving size. If you go to Costa or Starbucks consider getting a small instead of a medium. The small isn't tiny and can save a suprising number of calories.
    - Soya or almond milk can be lower than skimmed milk though some have added sugar so to read the label.
    - Merge the tips above! A medium Costa hot chocolate is 485 calories and a small soya hot chocolate is 190. It does add up!
    - Variety is key to stop your eating getting boring and making you want to give up. Protein can curb appetite but some people feel better on higher carbs. As long as you are under the calorie goal, do what works for you and it is fine to shake things up. Just because it didn't work for that poster does not mean it won't work for you.
    - Make sure your calorie goal is realistic and not too aggressive as this will set you up for a brutal fall if you overdo it.
    - The cardio calories are not accurate most of the time so keep that in mind when eating them back. Many people allow for that by only eating back half but if you are still really hungry your goal may need changing.
    - Veggies are low-cal and good snacks but make sure you get the other food groups in there too
    - READ READ READ. There is no such thing as a stupid quest, we were all new once. Read the forums, going back a long way if you want to, use the search function and ask if you are not sure. There is probably nothing some of us have not thought before or not done before so someone will know the answer.