lunch ideas

Options
jale05
jale05 Posts: 16 Member
Making a different lunch for work everyday is driving me nuts... Any one got any ideas on something other than
fruit salad, yoghurt salads or plain sandwiches !! help!! :sad:

Replies

• louise0607
    Options
    rivita with tuna or salmon or banana
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My lunch standbys are....

Cottage cheese mixed with edamame and Roma tomato.

Solid white tuna in water, drained with chopped up celery and carrots.

Trader Joe's one ingredient peanut butter or sunflower seed butter and strawberry preserves (sugar free) on either a low cal/low carb whole wheat tortilla or on 45 calories bread.

I get each of these in at about 200 calories.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken breast is good and low cal, or even cut up a cooked chicken breast and top your salad with it to mix it up a bit.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    leftovers from dinner work great
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Do you have a microwave at work? Then you could take something that you can heat up :-) (If not ask the boss and workmates to put together to buy one perhaps?)
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hummus and veggies....fruit.......low-cal crackers
    hard boiled eggs.....fruit.....low-cal crackers
    wraps with spinach, deli meat, dressing

if you don't have a microwave at work, buy a thermos and bring warmed up leftovers
  • katieannd
    katieannd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have been loving the veggies lately! I don't really get a lunch break at work, so I bring a BIG tupperware container full of veggies and just chow down. Usually I am so busy that it takes me 1-2 hours just to finish eating them. I also really like wraps...one wrap with 4 slices of Schneider's Naturals Roast Turkey, some sprouts and hummus...Yum! On days that I don't have time to prepare anything, I have been bringing one of the Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers...I am usually not a fan of frozen foods at all, but these ones aren't too bad and most of them are under 300 cals! Good luck - lunch is my toughest meal by far!!
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    1 Tortilla shell, 1 wedge of your favorite light laughing cow cheese, your favorite sandwich meat.... spread the cheese put on the meat roll and enjoy~
  • gates1064
    gates1064 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5.5 oz (sm can) Tuna or Salmon
    1 C (Ready to Serve Minute) Brown and Long Grain Rice
    1Tbs Balsalmic Vinegar and extra Virgin Olive oil
    spices to taste (little to no sodium)
    1/4 C of Black beans (drained)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most days I bring leftovers. I purposely make more than me and the hubby can eat, then toss the extra in a container for lunch the next day. Or if there is leftover meat, I add some onion, greens, low-fat cheese and a bit of vinegrette and wrap it all in a high fiber wrap.

Today, though, I'm having cottage cheese and tomato because I had some cottage cheese that needed to be eaten soon and SO many tomatoes coming from the garden.
  • daverno
    daverno Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I tend to wander down to Tescos, grab either wraps or other flat breads, then visit the reduced counter and find some leftover meat from the deli. Put whatever you can find into the wrap, top it off with a splash of chili sauce and then finish it up with a bottle of water (Trying to avoid the fizzies) All for less than £4.

Alternatively subway's low fat subs are pretty tasty and filling. Just avoid the mayo based sauces.
  • mommyfirst77
    mommyfirst77 Posts: 119
    Options
    1 Tortilla shell, 1 wedge of your favorite light laughing cow cheese, your favorite sandwich meat.... spread the cheese put on the meat roll and enjoy~

It runs right at 200 cals as well, and it is very filling~
  • jale05
    jale05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thank you guys got a few ideas from you all. will try some tomorrow :) xx
  • bearsfan2334
    bearsfan2334 Posts: 137
    Options
    leftovers from dinner work great

I do the same thing and a trick they always shared at weight watchers for eating out works for leftovers - ask for a to go box right away and put half the meal in the take out box.

For example: 4 servings in the dinner dish. I usually give 2 of the servings to my boyfriend, put 1 serving on my plate and IMMEDIATELY put the last serving in a containter for lunch the next day. Out of sight, out of mind!
  • adie_rogers
    adie_rogers Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    I'm loving bagels at the moment - either with soup or with a topping like ham & salad cream.
    And it sounds super weird but I love crackers with sandwich spread and chicken on top!
    I hope you find something yummy!
  • MOM2RYAN
    MOM2RYAN Posts: 6
    Options
    I usually stick to my standard turkey sandwich and yogurt - but I'm anxious to try some of those ideas - thanks!
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bagel thin sandwich- spread light cream cheese on a bagel thin and add meat, tomato, onion, spinach, whatever else! I can eat it everyday for a couple weeks before I get sick of it :) also really good with thinly sliced green apple
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options

It runs right at 200 cals as well, and it is very filling~

Make the tortilla a Flat Out whole wheat wrap instead, add some spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, and whatever other veggies you like, and this is an awesome filling meal for under 250 calories. One of my go to meals for work lunches. Cut up some strawberries or pack some yogurt with it. Yum yum yum...
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Check my blog. (link in my sig) Usually I do leftovers but I always try to make lunches more interesting by putting variety and a little fun. ~_^
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    1) A can of low sodium soup with five crackers.
    2) A tuna salad sandwich with sliced tomato and roasted red pepper slices.
    3) A peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of milk.
    4) A fat-free yogurt, some cheese cubes, crackers, and fruit.
    5) Pita chips, hummus, and a fat-free yogurt.