I need a magic wand

Options
Hello

Anyone out there able to get me motivated. I only seem to be getting bigger so keep giving up! 5foot1 and the size of a house. Feel like I've tried everything...

Replies

• crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a veteran who had to hire a personal trainer to yell at me lol. Don't get disappointed when you don't see changes right away. It takes time I wish it was over night. Just keep telling yourself you can do it, make a small goal at first 1 to 2 sizes 20 lbs.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    GizzySteph wrote: »
    Hello

Anyone out there able to get me motivated. I only seem to be getting bigger so keep giving up! 5foot1 and the size of a house. Feel like I've tried everything...

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm 4'11" and know the feeling. I was 150 at my highest and finding it hard to be patient on losing those first few pounds.
  • hilhilbean
    hilhilbean Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'2"! Shorties unite! Haha!

I don't have a problem getting motivated. I have a problem staying motivated.

You can add me if you like! We can motivate each other. :)
  • Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119417-twitter-gets-fitter we have a motivation group here if you want to check it out <3
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    You have to stop wishing and dreaming. You won't lose weight by wishing for a magic wand. I use to wish for the same thing. I'd wish that I could wake up one day and be skinny and that would fix all of my problems. Unfortunately, that's not how reality works and my expectations weren't terribly realistic either. I only lost weight when I hit my absolute rock bottom and I was desperate enough to do something about my weight. I also had to stop "trying everything" and do some solid reading (on these very forums) and pick my path and stick to it. There was no alternative. I'm 5'2 and started at 211.6 lbs. 10 months in, I was 155 lbs and able to conceive my 2nd child (finally). Continued logging on MFP throughout my pregnancy for a healthy gain, delivered my 2nd daughter and worked on losing the pregnancy weight and was able to lose even more. I'm now pregnant with my 3rd child. After I deliver, I'll be right back at it. But you have to commit yourself and stop wishing and wanting and start doing.
  • colonagirl
    colonagirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a funny thing. Everyone seems to have there own key. I too kept getting bigger and bigger and sought some guidance at my Drs. office with the health coach nurse. She suggested low carbs, so far so good, but I do find it best not to totally deprive myself of the "bad" carbs. I'm 55 and have finally realized my body doesn't process carbs the way it once did. Sad fact of life, but hopefully I'll be in better health. I'm finding with lower carbs comes lower sugar intake. Hang in there.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You have an idea! Use a wand, that is, a single chopstick, and eat anything you can lift into your mouth with it. Not shovel into your mouth, but lift. Do so in moderation. Accurately record your food in your food diary, and stop eating when you reach your calorie goal each day. Repeat each day for a long time and buy new smaller clothes as needed.