Under eating. Please help.

Options
So I started with this app a few weeks ago and have made some good progress with not over eating. But now my problem is under eating. It's not that I'm trying to not eat enough, I'm simply just not hungry. How is under eating affecting my weight loss, and how can i fix it? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods. And don't be afraid of calories. Your body needs them.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    When my appetite is low, I try to include foods that have a high calorie content for less substance, such as peanut butter, almonds, trail mix, avocado, etc.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Ice cream!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of healthy, high-cal snacks and things you can add to food to increase the cals a bit. Try peanut butter on apples or bananas (frozen bananas with peanut butter, omg, so good!) Nuts in general are a good option. Adding olive oil or butter (or ghee) to recipes or veggies. For example, instead of steaming veggies, try roasting them with olive oil and spices, or sauteeing them in a little olive oil, butter, or coconut oil. If you make smoothies, try adding chia seeds (adds cals, and thickens the smoothie) and/or full-fat yogurt. For salads, add an ounce of cheese (feta, bleu cheese, gorgonzola, etc.), some meat, and/or a hard-boiled egg.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Eat on schedule. Consume moderate amounts of nutritious food. Record this accurately in your food log. Stop when you reach your intake target.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A jar of peanut butter and a spoon can quickly and easily correct that problem.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    A jar of peanut butter and a spoon can quickly and easily correct that problem.

I laugh at this, but it was my go-to when I was too stressed to have an appetite and was not meeting my needs. It saved me from malnutrition I'm pretty sure.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    So I started with this app a few weeks ago and have made some good progress with not over eating. But now my problem is under eating. It's not that I'm trying to not eat enough, I'm simply just not hungry. How is under eating affecting my weight loss, and how can i fix it? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

My guess is that undereating would affect your weight loss in that you would lose more quickly that you should. More importantly, if you are undereating, your energy levels will be down, and you simply won't feel well.