Started C25K on 7/20/11 - anyone else starting???

Options
Good morning! After much research on these boards, I decided yesterday to start the C25K! I'm not sure at this point that I will run a 5K. I've wanted to incorporate running into my workouts for the longest time and just didn't know how to go about it. After reading some posts from other MFP'ers, this program seems like it's turned alot of non-runners into runners! Would love to hear anyone elses feedback on this program and I would also like to start a group to help keep motivated.

Let me know if you are interested!

Replies

• jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm happy to be in any C25K groups that exist. I'm on WK5 at the moment. I never ran more than 2mins straight in my life and today I ran 8! You will definitely NOT look back. It's fantastic!
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just started my C25K too, and I'm in love with it!!! I'd love to be a group, or just add some more C25K buddies :D
  • lovinlulu
    lovinlulu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am doing my second 5K in October. BUT i can not run more than 5 minutes at a time (and that's on a good day) ...I am going to look into this program too, since I've heard so much about it. Where did you get your schedule?
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I've completed C25K (and ran my first 5K last weekend), so I can tell you it works. :)

Just wanted to point out that if you don't get a big response here for the beginner support, there is a C25K Forum where graduates and participants at all stages can post progress, get support, ask for advice, etc. If you go to C25K.com there's a link on the left. Even if you don't post there, it's sometimes good to look around for info.

Good luck!!
  • bcolburn289
    Options
    I started about a month ago and am finally on week 3. I needed some extra time on week 2. It's an amazing program--I've always HATED running, and couldn't do it for longer than 15 seconds when I first started. Last night, I ran 3 minutes! I get it--it's a small victory, lol, but I'm on my way!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep posting your progress! :)
  • th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of week 3 but twisted my ankle the other day and haven't been able to run this week yet.. I was going to try here in a few mins again. Good luck!! I love it! I never thought that I would love running so much but it becomes an addiction.. for me anyway.. everytime I get out there, I try to see how much longer I can go before I have to stop, or how much faster... I'm addicted!
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    im starting this tonight for the first time xxx
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    im starting this tonight for the first time xxx
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I just started week 2 yesterday. I've never run before but my brother is a trainer (last person he trained is now a ranked runner in the state of FL) and says C25K is the way to go. I'm to run my first 5k in Oct. I'm nervous and excited about it. Best of luck to you. It's do-able.
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just got the app on my ipod and want to start but I think I'll wait til next week because where I live right now it's 95 and HUMID! and unfortunately I don't have a tredmill...Just walking outside makes me feel like a limp noodle!
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just started week 2 yesterday. I've never run before but my brother is a trainer (last person he trained is now a ranked runner in the state of FL) and says C25K is the way to go. I'm to run my first 5k in Oct. I'm nervous and excited about it. Best of luck to you. It's do-able.

Thanks Carla!!! :flowerforyou:
  • luscadero
    luscadero Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My husband and I used C25K to start running, and it is amazing. Every increase feels like such a victory! 8,10,20,25!!?!?!? "I just ran 25 minutes straaaaaaaiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhht!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" When I first started, running even a minute was almost impossible. Huge fan of the program, and because I have been suffering through a neck injury for several weeks I will likely have to start over with it again when I am able, probably next week. Good luck!!
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just finished week 7. Week 8 starts on Saturday.

We are running in the Warrior Dash next weekend, so we should be ready!
  • andythorn1969
    Options
    You've made a great choice!

C25K got me from doing no exercise to now running 20 miles a week a year later.

I couldn't recommend it enough.

good luck!
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Get ready to be addicted. I've always HATED running, even when I was young and in great shape. I'm in week 3 right now and I just bought running clothes. I think I'm in for many many years to come! Good luck to everyone starting, you can do it!
  • fmbarbuto
    Options
    Bump! Still looking for more interest!!

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone!!!! I started week 1, day 1 on 7/20/11 and will go according to that schedule. Everyone can go at their own pace - no pressure!!! :smile:

For those who've friended me already and are interested in the group - I will come up up with a group name later today and post again with it! Thanks for your interest and motivation! :smile:
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for quite a few weeks now. But each week of the program takes me about 2 weeks to complete successfully. I just complete Week3 this morning, but will do it again.

I am interested in this group!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I started about a month ago and am finally on week 3. I needed some extra time on week 2. It's an amazing program--I've always HATED running, and couldn't do it for longer than 15 seconds when I first started. Last night, I ran 3 minutes! I get it--it's a small victory, lol, but I'm on my way!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep posting your progress! :)

Are you me??? lol I could have written your post! ;)
  • fmbarbuto
    Options
    Bump! :happy:
  • fmbarbuto
    Options
    Okay girls - we found some more members - actually -we are joining their group! They have way more ideas than me! So if you want - visit this topic and post your interest!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/294790-c25k-running-group?page=2