Protein source: How much Chicken per day do you consume?

2»

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    According to my diary for today: 1073g.

No, that's not a typo, and it would be higher, but I decided to pull one meal in the form of a whey iso shake.

Holy F-balls, Batman!

What can I say? It's one of the most convenient ways to cut. I can make all of my food for the day in one 45 minute window in the morning. The only thing faster would be using all shakes, but ain't nobody got room for all of those carbs and fats.

That's an entire family meal around these parts... jeez!

It's also almost all I eat while cutting. My day today: 1073g chicken breast, 43g whey iso, 207g asparagus, 200g eggbeaters, and whatever water/diet soda I drink. Of course, there's a multi, fish oil caps, and a few specific supps to cover micro intakes.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    You realize there are other protein sources, right?

I eat chicken but also sardines, salmon pouches, eggs, whey mixed into various things (like oatmeal), protein bars... There's nothing wrong with chicken but other sources of protein like fish have good stuff like Omega 3's.

Of course I do. This thread is more around hearing how many grams of chicken per day most people eat as a prime protein source. Not sure if it was out of the ordinary at my planned intake. Appears I'm not.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    4-8 ounces depending on how it is prepared and it's always boneless, skinless breast
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Wow, that sounds dull. I ate shredded chicken meat, dark and white, in casserole form today and will make chicken chili from the rest of my leftover chicken tomorrow, but I get my protein from a variety of sources, mostly meat. Pork, beef, fish, shellfish, turkey, occasionally goat or lamb. I'm sure I would starve from boredom if I ate chicken breast everyday.

I have some boneless skinless chicken breast halves from Costco that weigh about 300 g each. I think we may have monster chickens in the US so results may vary. This is raw BTW. I usually eat 1 if grilled or 1/2 if I bread and fry, so 150-300 g with dinner.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    On a day when I'm going to have a meal with chicken, I use 1 frozen skinless breast from a bag. It's usually 250 grams, and usually enough to assure that I get all the protein I want that day even if my other meals are not particularly focused on protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    powered85 wrote: »
    I've added Chicken breast into my meal plan daily and noticing it's helping keep me fuller longer along with upping other protein sources. So curious those who eat chicken as a prime daily protein source, how many grams do you typically consume? Is 150-200g/day quite a bit? That's currently what I'm aiming for.

Thanks

I'd say the average chicken breast is around 8 ounces...so at 200g you would be eating less than one whole average chicken breast...
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I've added Chicken breast into my meal plan daily and noticing it's helping keep me fuller longer along with upping other protein sources. So curious those who eat chicken as a prime daily protein source, how many grams do you typically consume? Is 150-200g/day quite a bit? That's currently what I'm aiming for.

Thanks

I'd say the average chicken breast is around 8 ounces...so at 200g you would be eating less than one whole average chicken breast...

Depends where you live and what chicken you're buying. I rarely get a breast of 200g, usually smaller, as small as 130g. I guess our chickens in the UK don't bench as much........
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

Thanks

Depends where you live and what chicken you're buying. I rarely get a breast of 200g, usually smaller, as small as 130g. I guess our chickens in the UK don't bench as much........

I've seen individual breasts that weight as much a 500g each. I don't know wtf they are feeding those chickens, but I need to get my hands on it for squats. Might actually get my legs to bump up a notch.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member

Thanks

I've seen individual breasts that weight as much a 500g each. I don't know wtf they are feeding those chickens, but I need to get my hands on it for squats. Might actually get my legs to bump up a notch.

Pretty sure it's antibiotics and breeding.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member

Thanks

Yeah in Canada it's probably around that. I keep it simple. Just unpack the entire pack of breaststroke into a dish and bake in oven with some no salt seasoning. Have no problem just munching on those.
  • BeChill73
    BeChill73 Posts: 75 Member
    One chicken breast here weighs about 250g so I split it into two serves. I would usually only eat 100 -120g per serve, twice a week.
  • mstbyl
    mstbyl Posts: 10 Member
    chicken - about 8 oz each day