Calorie intake

Im a 5'2 20 yr old female who weights about 112. I exercise about 5 times a week (lifting and cardio) and am pretty active throughout the day. MyFitnessPal tells me that I can eat around 2600 calories after exercise. Should I be eating this much it seems crazy high!

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    What are your goals? Are you trying to maintain, build muscle, lose weight?
  • KristenVito
    KristenVito Posts: 7 Member
    Im looking to maintain. I'd be losing at 1800 so I want to increase my calories a little but don't know how much to add
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Try adjusting 100 calories at a time until you find maintenance.

If you lose at 1800, try 1900 for a few weeks. If you are still losing, bump it up by another 100 to 2000 for a few more weeks to see if you maintain or keep losing. Keep doing that until you find your maintenance.
  • shapres
    shapres Posts: 2 Member
    I am wondering the same thing ! However I am trying to loose weight !
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Im a 5'2 20 yr old female who weights about 112. I exercise about 5 times a week (lifting and cardio) and am pretty active throughout the day. MyFitnessPal tells me that I can eat around 2600 calories after exercise. Should I be eating this much it seems crazy high!

That's about what I average to maintain my weight, and I'm 6' tall, 180-pound guy who lifts 4 times per week. Of course, I'm also 44.

I'd start at 2000, give it 3-4 weeks, and adjust as needed.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    i'm 5'3" and maintain on a calorie avg of about 2200