Whole30/back after 2 years

Options
So I lost a lot of weight. Then I stalled for a long time. Found MFP and learned what I was doing wrong and lost the last 20 pounds. Yay!
6 months of maintaining and life happened. Got off plan and started to gain weight.

I found it incredibly difficult to get back to my fit and fabulous lifestyle because I did not like the person I had become - obsessing over every gram of food. Weigh, log...plan, replan, replan. Dining out was miserable. Visiting friends or family was miserable. I must have checked MFP 50 times a day and I don't even want to know how often I checked fitbit.

Replies

• CiaIgle
    CiaIgle Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Apparently you need to choose the less of two evils: unhappy overweigth or unhappy calorie counter.

What it's no clear is "get back to my fit and fabulous lifestyle". So you were fit and fabulous but needed MFP?

• glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sorry. I need to get on the computer and edit this. The second half of my post is missing.

Short story - I was fit and fabulous when I was on MFP. I got away from my plan and gained 30 pounds. Had difficulty getting back to what was (for me) an obsessive lifestyle of logging and weighing food. Like, unhealthily obsessive.

My friend introduced me to whole30 and it's helping me to get back to healthy eating and giving me more energy. Now that I'm back on MFP my friends are mostly gone....I am looking for friends for mutual support and chit-chat. I am interested in any active members but am especially looking for whole30/paleo people because I'm still learning and not sure if I will go to some kind of Paleo diet after my whole30 or go back to what I did before.
  • CiaIgle
    CiaIgle Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OK. Thanks for clarification.

Only one point and without any judgement intention :smile:

How many times a day do you look at your smartphone?
    How many times a day you check your social networks app?

I check MFP basically three times a day, and maybe up to six, just to check my allowances and register before eating. I do not feel this being unhealthy obsessive.

Regarding whole30/paleo. Can't help. In any case I normally run away from any diet that restrict what I must eat. This trends to make people obsessive :wink:

30 days no ice cream, no cheese is a clear yo-yo claim to me. Big risk of "rewarding" the whole30 with a feast of weight increasing (and still healthy) non-paleo stuff.

• boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 59 of a whole 200. This is my 3rd round of using the whole 30 protocol. It is my favorite program and has been the only one I can stick to but most importantly this program has helped me with my food relationships and also finding those items that are inflammatory and don't do my body good. My goal this time is to do a whole 200 as my present to me, I finish the day before my birthday. This will also ensure that I take more time to reevaluate my relationships with those foods that I used to seek comfort in. I won't yo yo anymore. I feel pretty great on the whole foods. Add me if you want like minded. Regardless of your program I won't judge, we all have our own story, our own program. Noone can tell you what program is best for you.

Jess
  • glowgirl14
    Options
    Thanks Jess :)

I am on day 14 now and I can't believe how much better I feel...I don't have an exact plan right now for what I'll do on day 31. Some things are annoying (sugar, dairy, soy) simply because it's really hard to find foods I like without these added. But I definitely see myself eating this way in the future. Cravings are at almost zero and I feel great. I hope I'm able to have things like almond butter with the teensy bit of sugar. Or tuna with soy. I don't even miss pasta, but I would like to have rice or quinoa instead of potatoes.

Good to have a friend who has been at this a little longer! Thanks for the add.
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started whole 30 3/1. Just started back to MFP.
  • glowgirl14
    Options
    Adding you :smile: