Day 4...

Jenn_W
Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
Hi All!

I started using MFP on Monday July 18. (Which was my Birthday!) I am nearly a year into my 'lifestyle change' - Don't like the word diet, it seems only temporary. And I am all about long term!! I have come a long way from my highest recorded weight (8/11/10 of 262#) to today 173.2#. I did hit the 100# loss but moving from the St. Louis area to Chicago put 10+ back on. (Have you been to Chicago? The food is all people talk about! Sigh!) For the past month I have been doing Dance/Aerobic/Core focused classes, with no real movement on the scale. (Groupon!! Unlimited Month!!) I love the classes, they kick my butt, and I burn tons of calories yet... Still not much going on.

I got another Groupon for a 'Boot Camp' style month. Small classes with a trainer. It is great. They recommend using MFP so they can help you stay on track for your goals.

Well, OMG! Just the past three days have been a huge change for me! I have never; I mean never really counted calories before or kept a journal of my food. Eye Opener!

** I am a single mom who is focused on leading a long, healthy life. I want to show, not just tell, my son how to live healthy. I want to be the fun mom that is always playing with him. (This is currently a million times better than it was last year!) I want him to learn to take care of his body and be thankful for it. He is 6, so a lot can be beyond him, but I plan on leading by example... for a long, long time!!

I welcome supportive friends... I will be there for you too!!

Thanks!

Jenn

Replies

• AngelaRWC
    AngelaRWC Posts: 3
    Hi Jenn,
    It sounds like you are doing great and have a great attitude! I have had MFP for over a month, but haven't been using it consistently. I love the community here, though! It's tough in the midwest to lose weight and stay fit...lol :) Have you thought about trying some resistance training, too? It boosts the metabolism, so your cardio will be more effective! Muscles burn fat!
  • Ahendon824
    Ahendon824 Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! Good for you on making it so far!! You are doing wonderful! MFP is a great thing. I have been doing this since January and am in love with this site. I am sure you will be too! Good luck on your continuing journey!
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    @Angela-- The some of classes bring in weights and resistance bands...I do Zumba, Yoga Booty Ballet, Beginners Ballet, Core-Floor& More, and Arms-Abs-ASSets at one studio... So, it is an ok mix of cardio and resistance. I am trying to get some more in though, knowing muscles burn fat- the bootcamp is helping with that!

Thank you to you both!!