applebees today

Options
My co-worker is bringing in applebees today (i have to call in the order). I am having a really hard time telling myself not to get all the delicious sounding things on the menu and sticking to the ones that are low calorie! I feel like just caving in today and getting something that actually sounds good to me since all the low cal things really dont sound that good!

Replies

• musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    How about getting one of the delicious ones you want and only eating half for lunch and the other half for dinner? Unless you already have dinner planned...as long as you watch how much you are eating, feel free to splurge a little!! One day won't completely kill your diet! I love Applebees and eat there once or twice a month!
  • nburns325
    nburns325 Posts: 174
    Options
    Plus be careful with the sodium... drink LOTS of water! A friend of mine and I were going to go there for dinner and we checked out the nutritional info online beforehand and WOW, they have a TON of sodium in EVERYTHING!!! So just prepare ahead of time and you'll do great! :)
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Some of the menu items can be tweaked to make them "slightly healthier". i.e. dressing on the side, no croutons for salads....no bun for your burger. Just decide what sounds good an improvise from there. Good luck!
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I had Applebee's last night for dinner and the "Under 550" menu is actually pretty tasty! It is loaded with sodium (thus the tasty part, I suspect), but if you compensate for that for the rest of the day and up your water, you should be in pretty good shape for the day. :flowerforyou:
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is really a "lunch" thing but the asiago peppercorn steak is amazing and the potatoes that come with it are delicious.
  • Contrary03
    Contrary03 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I love the 500 cal dishes on the menu:) The sirloin, or the shrimp skewers w/veggies are delish!
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I ate at Applebee's last night and had their Chicken Pasta meal off the under 550 menu. It was actually only 450 calories and really, really good. Loaded with steamed veggies and grilled chicken! My sister had some kind of Fettuccine Alfredo with Parmesan chicken on top. Mega calories and to be honest, mine looked and smelled better. I can't vouch for taste because we didn't try each others food, but I was totally satisfied with my dinner and didn't go over my calories for the day.
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ?hey have great 550 and some under calorie meals. Their herb steamed potatioes are awesome, mixed veges Broccoli and carrots you can even have a 7 oz steak!! I looked online and they should be accurate
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    If you don't choose off the Under 550 menu (which I love the steak and the chicken pasta) I also sometimes get the Oriental chicken salad with Grilled chicken... half size! It's only 690 calories. A little splurge, but sooooo yummy!!!