Spaghetti Squash is my Spaghetti and Rice!

Options
Last night the wizard of my fridge revealed a bag of fresh green beans and some beef tenderloin. The basket on the counter contained potatoes NO, sweet potatoes No, onions, hmmm and a yellow spaghetti squash.
I sauteed the green beans in 1 tbls. EVOO, fresh garlic an 1 tsp. sesame seeds, a dash of Thai fish sauce and the juice of half a lime. I sliced the tenderloin in strips, and cooked it in 2 tblsp. water, 1tsp. EVOO, 1 Tblsp. Red Thai Curry Paste, 1 tsp. Crushed
Red Pepper Flakes, a packet of Sun Crystals, the juice of a lime and a dash of fish sauce. I simmered this with a lid on for 1o minutes, then removed the lid and cooked until dry. I do this to caramelize the meat and set the spices. The squash I cut in two and cooked each half for 12 minutes in 1inch of water in the micro. I arranged the beans and beef artfully atop the squash, and after eating this, my husband said he thinks he'll go on a diet too, if I am going to cook like this. ;)

Replies

• michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, might have to give this a try.
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    Wow... that sounds terrific. I've never tried spaghetti squash before but I think I am making a trip to the grocery store on the way home!
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is fabulous! I love it:heart:
  • kaitlynnesmommy
    kaitlynnesmommy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • abbie3857
    abbie3857 Posts: 12
    Options
    It's also really good to use zucchini (use a mandolin to slice super thin) in place of spaghetti - delicious with homemade tomato gravy! Just slice it and steam for about 10 minutes with a little salt & the gravy
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer spaghetti squash over regular pasta. I make regular spaghetti for the rest of the fam and squash for me. I still top the squash with the same sauce and cheese. It is great!!

I will have to try the zucchini.That sounds good too!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if spaghetti squash is just in the US or can we get it in the UK? I've tried searching for it on Asda and Tesco's websites and I can't seem to get any search results for it :frown:
  • sugarsprinkles
    Options
    It might be found under the name "winter squash". It's bright yellow, and shaped like an American football without the pointy ends!