Running

Options
What are the best running shoes? I was thinking maybe adidas as a brand but I'm not sure

Replies

• EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's very personal to your feet and running style. I would recommend getting a gait analysis (a lot of running stores offer this) to see if you over or under pronate, and then they can recommend the right shoes for you. Don't be tempted to go for the cheapest option, especially if you're planning on running long distances. The right shoes can help prevent injuries.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The ones that fit you well. Your local running store can help you find the best for your foot and gait.
  • LoeyJones
    LoeyJones Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend going to a specialty store and having them fit you for the proper shoes for your needs. That being said, I've found that I really love Asics (the gel nimbus 16 is my favorite cushioned ride shoe and I've held onto my pair way longer than I normally would) for long runs and Nike Free Run (particularly the FlyKnit) for short runs. Your mileage may vary - literally :)
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I just started to get into running (C25K) and I cannot speak enough how awesome the shoes my local running store fit me with are. Brooks Glycerin. Got a heel cup insert and good socks too. I always made the excuse how my joints hurt too much to run. I'm on week 3 and I've not had any pain in my ankles and knees. It's not cheap, but to me it was worth every penny.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    If anyone recommends a specific shoe model for you, immediately ignore it. There's no way any of us can tell you what is "best" for you.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of Asics that were durable and lasted through a period of heavy running. I'm currently more into trail running and liking Salomon. My current Adidas that I use as a back up or Street running shoe have lasted well, but my previous pair fell apart really quick.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Definitely personal choice. I've tried a few brands and I always go back to Asics! The best for me!
  • schughes48
    schughes48 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Brooks all the way.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    What are the best running shoes? I was thinking maybe adidas as a brand but I'm not sure

For me its Brooks Adrenaline. They won't work well for you though unless you have feet like me.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

The ones that are the correct fit and appropriate to your biomechanics, running style and the type of terrain you run on.
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My best running shoes will not likely be your best running shoes...
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't look at brands but more what you need it for and how they fit you.

I always end up with Karrimor despite trying on Nike and all the others.
  • Tracieisfitastic
    Tracieisfitastic Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Saucony