Plexus anyone?

Options
I just heard about Plexus this morning and how well it works. Anyone here used it with success? I'm looking for a good probiotic and something to help with mood and inflammation since I have arthritis.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I would not use Plexus as a probiotic or to help with inflammation. Plexus makes some very big claims that are not at all proven. Studies and examination of their products actually showed that the ingredients are low quality, especially for how expensive they are. People who generally have positive things to say about it sell it and stand to make a profit off of selling it to you.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    The most annoying person on my Facebook friends list is the one that is always trying to sell me Plexus.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Check your grocery/drug stores - I buy the Phillips brand probiotics for $10/month from my local grocery store and it has worked great for me. I wouldn't use Plexus.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    The only product I will use is their probiotic. Our son had an autoimmune disease in 2010 and was on high powered, expensive probiotics that he needed to help his gut. I tried relentlessly to find a probiotic that was as good as the gold (it felt like) we were giving him. When I tried the Plexus probio it did it. We switched our entire family to it and it has been a VERY good probiotic for us and I continue to use it for that reason. I have specific reasons for using it and find it reasonable in cost compared to what we were having to use at one time. That does not mean there are not other probiotics out there that will work for people. I think it depends on what a person's needs are. For us, the probio is what we needed and I was glad to find it.

That said, in 2013 I used the Slim drink for a weight loss aid. It did a great job of suppressing my appetite so I felt like eating less and thus lost weight. In Jan. 2014 they changed their formula and removed hoodia and one other ingredient that I could not pinpoint (it was proprietary). That stuff stopped working like a rock dropping off a cliff. It was drastic. And most of my friends that were using it had the exact same experience. How the company itself managed that change and the drastic reduction in help for weight loss did not make me happy at all and I stopped it because who the heck wants to pay for that if it's no longer working? Thankfully, I did manage to keep off the weight I had lost while it was actually working as an appetite suppressant. Not worth it for weight loss - I wouldn't even go there. I've lost just as much using MFP, tracking and weighing and it costs me nothing to use.

For the inflammation, there is merit to the alpha lipoic acid that is in the Slim drink for helping with inflammation. But I got the same anti-inflammatory results by just buying ALA as a supplement and researching how much was required to achieve its anti-inflammatory affects. So you may as well just buy ALA on its own, pay a ton less, and still get its anti-inflammatory help.

I pick and choose what we supplement with based on what our needs are. Sometimes this leads to a decent MLM product. But I will not use all of an MLM's products just because I like one in particular. I can pick apart most of the other plexus products and tell someone why I wouldn't use them (because of inferiority or price when something else is as effective but cheaper). I am picky about what we use and use a wide variety of brands and make no bones about telling people what I do or don't like about particular products of a brand. I do "sell" the plexus probio to myself because I get it cheaper that way and we use a lot of it so it's worth it to me. But I would not recommend anyone else sell it to themselves unless they have a product that works so well for them it's worth the cost savings. Overall, there are better and cheaper supplements out there then plexus - but I would go to the wall for the probiotic because it's been so good for our family.

My .02 worth.
  • perkymommy
    Options
    Thanks for the information!
  • Lorilynn_37
    Lorilynn_37 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    The most annoying person on my Facebook friends list is the one that is always trying to sell me Plexus.

This!!!
    Omg I have family that sells itworks some sell plexus and now one started advocare. They all sound just alike just with a different product!
    If they all worked we would all be fit.

They beg me to join their "team". They all say they can help me with my weight loss.
    I personally would rather do it naturally and not depend on some $150-$300 "products".

Please dont take me as rude!! lol it's quiet entertaining seeing them all talk the same though!
  • Lorilynn_37
    Lorilynn_37 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post this but you can find probiotics really cheap at a local store and save a ton!
    Good luck
  • perkymommy
    Options
    Thank you!