Recommendations for Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I'm looking for recommendations for heart rate monitors (brand and model if you've got it). Would especially like to know if you think the calorie counting function is reliable. Any advice welcome!

Replies

• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I like my Polar FT7 - it hasn't let me down yet:)
  • turbofiregirl
    Options
    Any polar model should work for you. I personally use the FT7.
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have this too & ♥ it. It's basic.
  • laurabrine
    Options
    yep definately the POLAR F7! they normally link up with all machines at the gym too so really good at making sure your heart rate doesnt go too high or drop too low!
  • 199by2012
    199by2012 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have a Polar F6, with the chest strap, waterproof, and cannot live without it.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I have the Women's Polar FT4 and I absolutely love it.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Me too, it's so simple and tells you all the things you need. Highly recommended.
  • bearsfan2334
    bearsfan2334 Posts: 137
    Options
    Polar HRM - I have had my Polar FT6 for 5 years now and it has been with me through oodles of different trial runs on exercises, diets, and watching food intake! No troubles until this morning - need a new battery is all :tongue:
  • sandy729
    sandy729 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...thanks!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT7 with the chest strap and love it.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Timex T5H881 Zone Trainer (with chest strap). It was really inexpensive - under $60 on Amazon, compared to $100 in stores. So far I really like it! The info it gives on heart rate and calories burned seems very consistent and reliable. Also, the watch is a small-ish unisex watch with pretty typical Timex sports watch look to it (I've always liked their watches, so I like the look of it). I have fairly small wrists and it doesn't look too big and clunky, but it's very easy to read and use.
  • erieli04
    erieli04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this question! I have been seriously considering getting a HRM. I want it mainly to determine calories burned during exercise.

Question for those of you who have one...do you feel that they capture your calorie burn accurately?
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    I used to own a Timex T5G971 and it worked 100% of the time for me. Plus, it's not a huge thing on your wrist and can actually be used as an everyday watch. Under $50 on Amazon and has a TON of excellent reviews.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Anything Polar! I have an FT7 and I love it! So easy to use/set up!

Do not get a TImex unless you want an inflated calorie burn. I had one before I got my Polar and I'd never go back.. the Polar is so much more accurate!